Home

Trading is seriously broken...

This is a discussion on Trading is seriously broken... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2012, 07:53 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Trading is seriously broken...

how do you put someone on the trade block?
Old 09-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Teams rarely ever trade a player for player. It is usually just a player for a draft pick. There are only a few instances in NFL history in which a trade was player for a player. So no it isn't a given.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #11
Pro

Bull_Market's Arena

OVR: 8

I disagree, I think trading is fixed this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 13

I agree player for player trades in the NFL are unusual, especially at the same position (last I recall is the Eagles trading DE Clemons to Seattle for DE Tapp), but I also agree that reality and fun factor go in different directions here. I would love if the NFL did more player for player trades like in other sports. That's an enjoyable part of other sports that is missing from football. So, yeah, I'd like to be able to make reasonable player for player deals in Madden.

And, you folks questioning whether the Colts would take Jake Long and two firsts for Costonzo? Unless Costonzo has become the best LT in football, who wouldn't do that deal? Long's signing bonus would even disappear, so the Colts would only have to pay the salary. I'm not saying it should be patched, but, c'mon, there is no rational reason the Colts would ever turn that deal down.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Okay I just started a Online CCM with the Seahawks. In the 1st week of Preseason I had like 8 teams make me offeres for CB M. Trufant. Even though some teams offered more draft picks, I dealt him to the Colts because with the roster set I am using they don't have V. Davis. Rather then having to give up a 2nd round pick in real life, they only had to give me a 4th round in 2013 and a 7th round in 2014.

However I do belive the trading can be over difficult at times. I tried putting Jackson on the trade block and even though there are like 8 teams looking for a QB, I couldn't even get a 7th round pick in either year for him.

Also tried trading several young CB (Adams, and Smith) both rated 70 and couldn't get a single draft pick. I am talking future 6th or 7th round picks.

Then after seeing the Hawks released Winslow, I thought well I rather trade him to a team and at least get a pick. I had several teams, (Jet,Giants,Raiders,Broncos,Vikings and even the Bucs) offer as high a 2nd round pick. I ended up selecting the Broncos 3rd round in 2014, because I felt like with adding Manning they have a win now attitude and would be looking to upgrade over Tamme or Dressen.

However I fell like the logic really is only looking at Overall ratings right now. I hope it gets fixed with a patch.

Also I don't understand the CPU to CPU trades at all. The Steelers traded. I. Redman to the Panthers and he automatcially became their #1 RB with D. Williams now their #3. (would never happen in real life) and the Saints traded P. Thomas to the Bucs and he became their #1 moving 1st round pick and stated #1 HB D. Martin to the #3 role behind L. Blount. (Again a never would happen in real life) move to me.

So far I have been overally happy with the players I have seen released into FA, and some of the FA moves have made since (Browns deciding on a 1 yr fix at QB signed McNabb to give Weeden a yr to grow), Shockey to the Raiders.

Again maybe things will change when the new roster set comes out, but I sure miss the ability to overide a trade,and ablity to control all 32 teams so stupid trades don't happen.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:22 PM   #14
Banned

xTeXaNsX's Arena

In my Texans CCM I put Vontae Davis on the Colts. First I took control of the Colts but the Dolphins were asking way too much. Then I switched to the Phins and the Colts wouldn't even give up the 2nd & 6th for him...????
Old 09-04-2012, 11:32 PM   #15
Rookie

I'm starting to like it more. At first I absolutely hated it. Now I am enjoying the challenge although sometimes it does seem nearly impossible.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »