Home

Trading is seriously broken...

This is a discussion on Trading is seriously broken... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #1
Banned

KWCaneFan2013's Arena

OVR: 2
Trading is seriously broken...

Ok I understand that trades in the NFL are rare as is, but this game takes it way to far. I was messing around in my CC as the Dolphins HC. I thought I wonder what I can get for Jake Long. Maybe get younger. Not only did the CPU offer jack crap when I put him on the block not one team offered a LT in return. Shouldn't that sorta be a given? But I decided to just try to make a trade. I offered the Colts (who put a bid in on the trading block btw) Jake Long for Anthony Castonzo & a 3rd Rounder. They declined. Then I came back with Jake Long for Castonzo straight up...declined. Then I thought I wonder what they will accept. I offered Jake Long and my 2 first round draft picks for Castonzo and they declined. There isn't a team in the NFL that would decline that trade. They really must patch this in some way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Have you ever thought that the dolphins don't want jake unless it's real cheap? He probably doesn't fit their scheme well.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 09-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Trading is seriously broken...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWCaneFan2013
Ok I understand that trades in the NFL are rare as is, but this game takes it way to far. I was messing around in my CC as the Dolphins HC. I thought I wonder what I can get for Jake Long. Maybe get younger. Not only did the CPU offer jack crap when I put him on the block not one team offered a LT in return. Shouldn't that sorta be a given? But I decided to just try to make a trade. I offered the Colts (who put a bid in on the trading block btw) Jake Long for Anthony Castonzo & a 3rd Rounder. They declined. Then I came back with Jake Long for Castonzo straight up...declined. Then I thought I wonder what they will accept. I offered Jake Long and my 2 first round draft picks for Castonzo and they declined. There isn't a team in the NFL that would decline that trade. They really must patch this in some way.
Why would a team offer an LT for an LT? Player for player trades are rare in the NFL and it's even rarer to see players at the same position get traded for each other.

I actually think this year's trade logic is much more realistic than previous years. Whether or not it's more fun, on the other hand is a totally different discussion...
Old 09-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah bro, I really think youre reaching here. Maybe the Colts dont want to pay a left tackle an insane amount of money, maybe they like their LT, who knows man. I can't fault the CPU for declining a trade that, at its core, is dumb to begin with

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #5
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

I use very realistic trades. and Ive had ZERO issues. in fact, I freaking love the trade logic on draft picks of that current year(when you dont go and play with it and screw the system in a way). I have offered 2 1's and a 2 for a top pick and been turned down, lost out on my qb. missed out a DE because it rejected a move up from 7 to 4 in another scenario.

I think its broken if you want* it to be. but if you play it legit, its not. my complaint is simple, you shouldnt deal this year's late 2nd rd picks, for future 1's, thats just silly. so its like, if you are playing and decide to go and do that, well you are a tad cheap. I dont do that kind of stuff, as I dont think having any more than 2 first rd picks is remotely realistic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

You should go take a look at Long's contract....that could be why they won't accept. The other posters are right about him possibly not fitting their scheme. Also, Costanzo is a 2nd year player that was a 1st round pick right? I doubt they'll move him that soon into his career.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #7
Rookie

lon515's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWCaneFan2013
he is still a young player and cost millions less, why would they trade him for an older upgrade.

this does not need to be patched, your trade ideas on the other hand do
Old 09-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #8
Banned

KWCaneFan2013's Arena

If the Colts aren't interested in Long then why offer picks for him when I put him on the trading block? Obviously they want to upgrade that position if they are willing to give up picks for him.

I also hate the fact that we don't know how much money is going back and forth. The old Madden's used to have the salary counter on the top.

Also why is it that when we put a player on the trading block can we not tell teams what we are interested in getting? I tend to always get the same offers from the same teams over and over.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »