Home

EA's "website"

This is a discussion on EA's "website" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
Banned

poohty_t's Arena

OVR: 1
EA's "website"

is it just me , or is this about sorry of EA to not only not have this "awesome website" they have made not even finished by now, but the fact that they refuse to even give us any type of "estimate" on when they might get it done. i mean im not saying give us an exact date, but that website is about worthless for a league. there are so many things you cannot do. you cannot : view your salary cap, view players contracts,see any transaction log(which for online leagues are huge!! this is very needed and they just leave it out???), see any player on another team, compair your players to players on other teams to se if u would like to trade, cant view scoring plays in game recap, doesnt show how many completions ur qb had only shows attempts, cant see league leaders, division rankings, rankings of your teams offense and defense, cant even see the gamefaces that you and your other owners created(which makes having one about worthless), cant see hardly anything really, doesnt allow commish to put players back on correct team without cap hits(in case someone gets mad and drops players and then quits outta anger) . i mean only thing i can use it for is to advance the week. couldn't they have just left us the old site for our leagues, until they could get this thing finished. the fact they refuse to give even a goal date says to me , they not really too concerned with finishing it. im just not to understanding of why EA wants to act like this is a national security issue. just give us a time table, an HONEST ONE. not jut , we are looking into it......... just sooo discouraged with EA right now . tired of them leaving us in the dark and with only half a product.... anyone else want to see the site finished and at least tell us some type of timetable??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: EA's "website"

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohty_t
is it just me , or is this about sorry of EA to not only not have this "awesome website" they have made not even finished by now, but the fact that they refuse to even give us any type of "estimate" on when they might get it done. i mean im not saying give us an exact date, but that website is about worthless for a league. there are so many things you cannot do. you cannot : view your salary cap, view players contracts,see any transaction log(which for online leagues are huge!! this is very needed and they just leave it out???), see any player on another team, compair your players to players on other teams to se if u would like to trade, cant view scoring plays in game recap, doesnt show how many completions ur qb had only shows attempts, cant see league leaders, division rankings, rankings of your teams offense and defense, cant even see the gamefaces that you and your other owners created(which makes having one about worthless), cant see hardly anything really, doesnt allow commish to put players back on correct team without cap hits(in case someone gets mad and drops players and then quits outta anger) . i mean only thing i can use it for is to advance the week. couldn't they have just left us the old site for our leagues, until they could get this thing finished. the fact they refuse to give even a goal date says to me , they not really too concerned with finishing it. im just not to understanding of why EA wants to act like this is a national security issue. just give us a time table, an HONEST ONE. not jut , we are looking into it......... just sooo discouraged with EA right now . tired of them leaving us in the dark and with only half a product.... anyone else want to see the site finished and at least tell us some type of timetable??
You're asking a lot. I realize that the things you're talking about are vital to a site that is intended to be what it is, but when it comes to coding and data-driven dynamic websites, that need to update as often as a CC updates, and operating for 100,000 leagues or so, it's not easy to do and it's definitely not easy to estimate a time of completion.

If there's one thing I've learned with it comes to web development, it's that something unexpected will always go wrong.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this feature is also free, so don't fret over it. As I recall from last year, all the league management sites were paid.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:26 PM   #3
Banned

poohty_t's Arena

well aftershock , i understand things take time, which is y i said, y not leave the old site for our leagues up , until this one gets done, not just put out a tiny little piece that really dont do much. also id like to point out , it isnt free, the fact they made this for the game, i paid for some of it when i bought this game new. so its not free. i just dont like them promising so much and then not even coming thru with it, they claimed this site would help leagues so much, but right now , its worthless. do we have to wait till they about ready to come out with madden 14 before its done? then how much would that help madden 13 leagues? at least the old site was functional for us, a transaction log is HUGE! yet its not only on the website, its not even on the game itself. just too much overlooked in my book.ive not seen many products that can be put out for customers thats only half done , and is considered that good of a product.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:02 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohty_t
well aftershock , i understand things take time, which is y i said, y not leave the old site for our leagues up , until this one gets done, not just put out a tiny little piece that really dont do much. also id like to point out , it isnt free, the fact they made this for the game, i paid for some of it when i bought this game new. so its not free. i just dont like them promising so much and then not even coming thru with it, they claimed this site would help leagues so much, but right now , its worthless. do we have to wait till they about ready to come out with madden 14 before its done? then how much would that help madden 13 leagues? at least the old site was functional for us, a transaction log is HUGE! yet its not only on the website, its not even on the game itself. just too much overlooked in my book.ive not seen many products that can be put out for customers thats only half done , and is considered that good of a product.
There are LOTS of games that come out with the same price tag that feel very unfinished, so I don't feel that's a valid point. Does it suck when that happens? Absolutely. But it's the price we pay as gamers, and in my personal opinion I feel as though we know the uncertainty we're getting into when we purchase a video game.

Going back to data-driven dynamic websites, the old sites worked with the old franchises, based on that coding, using those data tables and keys and such. CC mode has a lot more information to process than franchise did, with a lot of new data and keys and all that. The old site would be incompatible with the new information, which is why we're getting a new site.

As for you paying for part of the website, no. Not even a little. The price you paid for Madden is pretty much on par for what you pay for all video games, and most of them don't come with their own website that updates for your own little individual game world. It's merely a perk for us, and in no way is it owed to anyone. You're making a mountain out of a molehill on this one.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #5
Rookie

Wineclaw's Arena

OVR: 2

Same goes for MUT's website. It's absolutely useless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2012, 12:25 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

I agree. Ea had the cc online planned with the website. And it was a big thing before release and its not even finished, so ea released a half product.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:46 AM   #7
Banned

poohty_t's Arena

Yup SickDL they sure did . Once again they got us. Now not even a word on when it might ever get done. I would be surprised if it gets finished before madden 14 really. Just how EA does things alot of the time. Also , i do feel as though i have helped pay for the website, because the only way EA can afford to have guys build this new website , is thru the Millions upon Millions they have made over the years off of Madden. Especially since they have a monopoly on it. So yes , i do think that by paying for the game new, i have helped pay for this site. I know most games are 60 bucks new but when a company wants to flaunt how awesome this new additive is supposed to be to make a gameplay more fun and exciting, that is what i expect. Honestly though because it came from EA i wasnt surprised its not done nor am i surprised they wont say when it might be.The only reason they made the changes that they have for this madden is because they knew their monopoly contract with NFL was running out this year and they needed to do something to help NFL decide to renew with them . Its pretty plain to see. All the years there was no chance of them not being the only one to make an NFL game the next year , we pretty much got a "copy and paste new" madden. No glitches fixed, nothing new other than rosters.Now contract is about up, they gotta make it seem like they working hard on it now. I personally find it funny that guys are telling me they are buying 2k8 football game and that is about as good as this madden is.Yet its 5 years old. Just shows that EA needs more competition. If they had some , i bet you that website woulda been finished before this game came out. Since they dont have to worry about it , they know they have us right where they want us. I only hope the NFL will not renew with them but im sure they probably will Get ready for a copy and paste madden for 14, with the exception they may had fantasy leagues back and allow you to edit players, but that will probably be only things different once they get that new monopoly contract.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #8

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

This has been discussed over and over. We don't need another thread on it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »