Home

Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 Arrives Tomorrow, Player Editing Still Being Explored

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 Arrives Tomorrow, Player Editing Still Being Explored within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #145
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden PATCH UPDATE #2 AVAILABLE TOMMOROW FOR XBOX AND PS3!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk
We are extremely motivated to address all uncovered issues. What bugs are bothering you the most?
Easy:

I know it's a roster / rating issue, but how about rating the FA's properly so in CCM McNabb doesn't end up starting for either the Browns or Seahawks?

Normal:

Have the CPU run / pass ratios reflect the current NFL (may as well clean up that sim stat engine, while you're at it)

Hard:

Smarter playcalling by CPU, esp. with regard to down / distance / time remaining

Thanks for participating, it's really encouraging to see you guys pop in...

Regards!

EDIT: It just occurred to me that I could have fixed the first 2 of 3 myself if player editing and 32 team control still existed...

Which is EXACTLY what I've done EVERY YEAR for the past decade or so...

Yikes!

Last edited by KingV2k3; 09-10-2012 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Yikes, indeed!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #146
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 Arrives Tomorrow, Player Editing Still Being Explor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Oh man, at the very least I hope the Offline CCM is fixed with the XP points, depth charts, auto subs, etc. I really don't want to have to play Online CCM and be subjected to playing on the EA servers.

Maybe one of these days I'll wise up and wait until the patches are out before I buy these games. It's getting ridiculous that I buy these games at launch and then wind up having to wait 3-4 months before the game is fully operational. By that time, I've grown tired of the bugs/issues, and have moved on.

I try not to overly dissect these games and enjoy them for what they are but at the same time, when core issues are shipped out with the game and then not addressed in the first patch, I have to wonder what exactly is going on? If this stuff is being caught by members of this site within 48 hours of release, why isn't it being caught during testing?

Madden 13 can be a fun game and I see the potential, but I'd be lying if I wasn't very frustrated with the number of issues the game currently has.
That is why I bought it for 44.99 on Toys r Us online. I knew from the past what the future would be.

So I am waiting and by patch 2 (October) things should be ready to go offline. In the meantime I canceled my NHL pre-order. Lack of penalties is unacceptable. I will again stick with the great NHL 11.

DJ...just fool around with play now games, poke around CCM to get familar with all the features and menus....then before you know it the game will function properly.

Dive deep into NCAA 13 and The Show 12 till then!

Madden 13 is a great game under the hood and just needs some TLC with a couple of strong patches. Play now is a ton of fun.

I was initially appalled that the game shipped in this state for offline gamers. I have calmed down......played the game in play now mode and have really come to enjoy the heck out of it.

If EA does not come through on the patches......they will lose me as a client....for a long time.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-10-2012, 06:30 PM   #147
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Madden PATCH UPDATE #2 AVAILABLE TOMMOROW FOR XBOX AND PS3!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Also, let's not forget the face of the gamechangers for Madden. SGibs and ZFarls (nothing personal), but they are admitted tourney type/glitch players. They profit by writing strategy guides that tell you how to simply win at Madden, completely disregarding "football", yet you are touting this as a true simulation game. Come on now...
I have been wondering about this myself. How the hell are we supposed to ever get a true sim game when you have known tourney guys giving input into the game?
Old 09-10-2012, 06:30 PM   #148
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 Arrives Tomorrow, Player Editing Still Being Explor

I buy a game in August and have to wait 3 months to enjoy it

Just to Help you out Tiburon!

Number of stars indicates Level of Importance!

CPU AI & RUN GAME***********

Player Edits***********

WORKING SLIDERS*********

Assisted Tackles*****

GAMEFACE

Like someone else said, I find it extremely hard to believe that they werent aware of the flaws in the game before release! In that case they should have fixes already lined up for the first patch, not whats been told to us today! :

In fact I pray it is the above! Because if Tiburon programmers/game testers arent able to detect flaws in their own game we will never, i repeat,NEVER, get the game we want and deserve from EA.

I dont hate Madden I Have M13 and I like it to an extent but some of things that Tiburon does leaves me scratching my head
Old 09-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #149
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
It's not necessarily that we believe 12's franchise was great. However, it was much better than CCM.
CCM has great potential, and has some very nice elements. I think any reasonable person can agree there. However, you DO have to be sure that things that you are going to release actually work. For example, I'm an online league only type of guy. However, for the poor commissioners out there, there is no way for them to control the other teams to fix roster screw ups or accidental cuts. What if someone quits but decides to cut all of their players before hand? Then what do you do? These are oversights that could be handled by 3rd party tool XFN last year. XFN was written by a guy who has been programming for only a few years. These are just examples. There has to be a level of quality that is considered to be acceptable.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #150
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Oh man, at the very least I hope the Offline CCM is fixed with the XP points, depth charts, auto subs, etc. I really don't want to have to play Online CCM and be subjected to playing on the EA servers.

Maybe one of these days I'll wise up and wait until the patches are out before I buy these games. It's getting ridiculous that I buy these games at launch and then wind up having to wait 3-4 months before the game is fully operational. By that time, I've grown tired of the bugs/issues, and have moved on.

I try not to overly dissect these games and enjoy them for what they are but at the same time, when core issues are shipped out with the game and then not addressed in the first patch, I have to wonder what exactly is going on? If this stuff is being caught by members of this site within 48 hours of release, why isn't it being caught during testing?

Madden 13 can be a fun game and I see the potential, but I'd be lying if I wasn't very frustrated with the number of issues the game currently has.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #151
Pro

jtott's Arena

OVR: 4
I really hope the camera issues in CCM have been fixed. I can tolerate all the other issues for a little whle longer if I have to ....... I just need my Broadcast camera fixed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #152
Rookie

OVR: 5
For the love of God, let's see how things are when the patch is actually released. Sheesh.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »