Home

Is Madden 15 a reason to upgrade your system?

This is a discussion on Is Madden 15 a reason to upgrade your system? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2014, 04:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Is Madden 15 a reason to upgrade your system?

For those of us wiith PS3/XB360s, is Madden 15 a reason to upgrade a system? I'd hate to buy M15 for PS3 and a month later wish I had bought the PS4. Anyone seen a PS4/Madden bundle similar to the XB1 bundle?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2014, 05:26 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Is Madden 15 a reason to upgrade your system?

Just went over the fence to read some posts and it sounds really good...I'm feeling system envy now. There was a comment that M15 on XB1/PS4 makes you feel like you're playing the "other" football game and I take that to be a really good thing because many still think the "other" game was far better.

I'm not locked into one system so the XB1/Madden bundle is sounding pretty attractive. I don't know how others feel but for me the $299 price point is a lot more palatable than the $399 price point. Since Madden 15 and The Golf Club would be only games I buy I'm just not sure a new system warrants that.

Last edited by i3man; 08-23-2014 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:01 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3man
For those of us wiith PS3/XB360s, is Madden 15 a reason to upgrade a system? I'd hate to buy M15 for PS3 and a month later wish I had bought the PS4. Anyone seen a PS4/Madden bundle similar to the XB1 bundle?

Simple answer: It doesn't sound like it at this point.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:20 PM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I upgraded to ps3 because of Madden. It was awful. I barely played it. Madden 08 on ps2 was miles better than ps3. This year I'm gonna wait til next year to upgrade.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:35 PM   #5
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

If Madden is the only reason I'd ask if it's worth $400 to you for just that.You know your own financial situation that you have to weigh.Are you an avid videogamer other than Madden?If you just like sports games it's debatable whether there's that much of an upgrade over the last Gen versions at this point for most of the other sports.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2014, 10:07 PM   #6
Rookie

dk6663's Arena

Yes !!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2014, 12:18 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

M15 is the real deal on X1
Old 08-24-2014, 02:23 AM   #8
Rookie

kenchun24's Arena

OVR: 0

Not for me...maybe across the board "10 out of 10" reviews for M15 would have made me think about upgrading. I'll still check out the game soon via my one friend who only plays/purchases the Madden and Halo entries (and has an X-Bone) and gets Madden every year on launch. Where as I pour over reviews, and usually wait for the winter price drop. Done this the past few years regarding Madden. Last one I bought at launch was M10.

Plus I'm still waiting for that must have "console seller game" that Halo was for the OG X-Box and Grand Theft Auto 2 was for PS2 years ago. Those two games got me to buy those consoles. The Last Of Us Redux for PS4 is tempting as I kind of want to get another Playstation system again since I never dove into PS3, and moved past Halo years ago.

However, if Destiny is awesome with stellar reviews, I'll purchase a new system for that one. But so far, almost one year in, it seems no Next Gen games on the new systems seem like a "must own console seller" IMO yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »