Home

Best CCM RB Player Attribute...

This is a discussion on Best CCM RB Player Attribute... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
Rookie

AiDub's Arena

OVR: 7
Best CCM RB Player Attribute...

So I'm playing as a running back in my CCM and I'm going through the whole progression system to bump my guy up in skill level. I've been putting XP here and there but I'm mainly focusing on making an elusive RB so I've been really putting alot into Juke, Agility, and Elusiveness. I could put XP into awareness, carrying, and vision to bump my OVR rating up but since I don't simulate, the attributes don't matter.

My initial thinking when starting my career was to make a burner back and focus on upping my speed however saving enough xp to bump my speed up to 96 or above would take a pretty long time. I have found this obstacle a blessing in disguise however. I've noticed that busting big runs in this game is a bit tougher and it's more about what you can do in a 10-15 yard range that really counts. This is why I'm really focusing on maneuvering around players to maximize the possibility to bust that big run.

For anyone else who is playing as running back in CCM, what is your progression strategy? What type of RB did you start your career as. I.e. Balanced, Speed, One Cut etc. Also, how has your career gone so far?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Best CCM RB Player Attribute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiDub
For anyone else who is playing as running back in CCM, what is your progression strategy? What type of RB did you start your career as. I.e. Balanced, Speed, One Cut etc. Also, how has your career gone so far?
Power RB for the Panthers here, about 10 games in I think.

My first priority was to strengthen my weaknesses, seeing that a power RB has a very strong build from the get go. As a power RB my weaknesses are mainly catching, elusiveness, stamina and acceleration, followed by juking/agility (in my opinion). I can't currently tell the use of stamina, so I am upping the other categories, focusing on elusiveness, agility and acceleration.

I did roll with a speed RB too for a while, where I focussed on carrying to avoid fumbles.

The way I see it, the balanced RB starts out decent in most categories but fails to shine in any. I'd rather shine in my favorite discipline: pounding the rock up the middle, and then work my way to decent in my weak areas, before truely focussing on becomming a faster RB.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm a 1 cut back and I'm working on my BC Vision to boost my OVR to be starter and Exclusivness. It seems every 1-2 points I gain in Vision, my OVR goes up. Started at 75, I'm now 77 after 3 points in vision boost.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
Rookie

AiDub's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarok1978
Power RB for the Panthers here, about 10 games in I think.

My first priority was to strengthen my weaknesses, seeing that a power RB has a very strong build from the get go. As a power RB my weaknesses are mainly catching, elusiveness, stamina and acceleration, followed by juking/agility (in my opinion). I can't currently tell the use of stamina, so I am upping the other categories, focusing on elusiveness, agility and acceleration.

I did roll with a speed RB too for a while, where I focussed on carrying to avoid fumbles.

The way I see it, the balanced RB starts out decent in most categories but fails to shine in any. I'd rather shine in my favorite discipline: pounding the rock up the middle, and then work my way to decent in my weak areas, before truely focussing on becomming a faster RB.
I actually started as a balanced RB which does have decent template for going whichever way you want whether its power or speed. If you do focus on one direction solely, you still have decent grades elsewhere as well. Even though I'm an elusive back, I can still run through guys from time to time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »