Home

What's Your Favorite Madden Mode?

This is a discussion on What's Your Favorite Madden Mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What Madden '13 mode would you "rather" play most?
Play Now (offline) 6 10.00%
Play Now (online) 2 3.33%
CCM (offline) single or multi player 33 55.00%
CCM (online) single or multi player 17 28.33%
Ultimate Team 2 3.33%
Madden Moments 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #17
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: What's Your Favorite Madden Mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
This is in no way a bash but I have to say that I've never understood how this is fun. I prefer a 32 human sim online franchise. Every game is legitimately different. Every player has a different approach. Guys use players different ways....just so many unique variables. Plus the satisfaction of actually competing with a person who also desires to win.

Playing the CPU is just so boring to me. No variety, the AI is terrible, no feeling of interaction, no penalty for quitting, no joy in outsmarting anyone/anything.

I know online cheesers have given online play a bad taste but, honestly, a good online league is nothing like that. For me, it's the ultimate sports gaming experience.

That being said....to each their own. Just funny how polar opposite we can be in how we play even though we love the same game.
Don't get me wrong.....

I get that some guys like to just select their team, take on the league, and let their season take on a life of its own. Even if the CPU trades Tom Brady to Jacksonville. And that's fine.

But.........there's also a good number of us who like our seasons to stay as close to realistic as possible. So if or when Colt McCoy takes over the starting job in Cleveland.....then he's also starting in our season. Even though I couldn't possibly care less about the Browns.

The only way to keep that once you start any season mode is by controlling all 32 teams.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #18
MVP

statum71's Arena

Quote:
And your last 2 lines probably speak to the real divider for onliners vs offliners. Realism vs realistic competitive play. Your the former, I'm the latter. A small difference really.....but one that has huge implications in how play and enjoy our games.

I understand where you're coming from about competitive play. And that's cool.

But what you don't understand is that I mostly enjoy the whole spectrum of having my own NFL "season" more than I'm concerned about the individual games.

I love the whole thing......stats, standings, playoff race, awards race, injury report, and so forth.

I really couldn't care less about the other part with all due respect. But yes, if thats what I want then I'll play my buddy in a one-on-one game online. But it just doesn't do much for me whether he wins or I win.

Last edited by statum71; 09-14-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #19
MVP

statum71's Arena

Quote:
And your last 2 lines probably speak to the real divider for onliners vs offliners. Realism vs realistic competitive play. Your the former, I'm the latter. A small difference really.....but one that has huge implications in how play and enjoy our games.
You're right. And that's why I think Madden should remain versatile to both gamer types.

Like NHL did. It has the new GM Connected. But it still has a regular, full control season mode too.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #20
MVP

statum71's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenPalaci
Have to play offline online

I kinda lost on that. What's the difference? Other than multi player.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #21
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Mostly offline Play Now games. An underrated advantage of offline play is that the games are much faster. The CPU picks their play as soon as you pick yours, in contrast to online where some people take a long time to choose a play. Humans also tend to be more pass-happy than the CPU, which leads to more incompletions (clock stoppages). Those 2 things make a big difference for me - offline games take around 30-35 minutes to finish whereas the same game online takes usually an hour, or somewhere close to it.

The other advantage is obvious - the CPU doesn't cheese or go for it on every 4th down.

And there's nothing really at stake, so less stress.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #22
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Online Ranked matches and Online CC are all I play.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #23
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Mostly offline Play Now games. An underrated advantage of offline play is that the games are much faster. The CPU picks their play as soon as you pick yours, in contrast to online where some people take a long time to choose a play. Humans also tend to be more pass-happy than the CPU, which leads to more incompletions (clock stoppages). Those 2 things make a big difference for me - offline games take around 30-35 minutes to finish whereas the same game online takes usually an hour, or somewhere close to it.

The other advantage is obvious - the CPU doesn't cheese or go for it on every 4th down.

And there's nothing really at stake, so less stress.
Double post sorry

The cons to playing offline is the CPU will never adjust to what you are doing. If you perfect a play, you can run it on the CPU the entire game and the CPU will not change they're defense to defend what you are doing, they just cycle through picking random plays.

When you are on defense they won't adjust to heavy blitzes either. If you have a good blitz, they won't block extra people or run a screen. They just continue cycling through picking random offensive plays.

Those are all big reasons I said bye to offline and hello to online.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Montana
offline franchise mode, 32 team control..oh wait...

ccm offline, coach has been alright, not great, not good, just okay...

pretty close to packing it in and dl'ing the 2013 rosters for madden 12 and cutting my losses...
I already did this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »