Home

Coach XP Boost Packs too expensive

This is a discussion on Coach XP Boost Packs too expensive within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2012, 01:22 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Coach XP Boost Packs too expensive

Some of the coach xp boost packs are way too expensive.

For example, I can understand the WR, and CB being that expensive, because you get important players all getting xp for the one price.

But why do I have to buy each individual pack for the same price for a guard, safety, linebacker, etc?

Why not have a Linebacker XP pack, rather than splitting it up MLB ROLB LOLB.

And a LT/RT pack, rather than having to buy a LT then a RT

By my 4th+ season of CCM I won't be able to afford all the packs and I don't think that's right.

Not to mention I'd like by the 4th or 5th year to have the scouting package as well, and that is also very expensive.

Last edited by thebizarrojerry; 09-15-2012 at 01:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 01:28 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Coach XP Boost Packs too expensive

prioritize. I have zero problems with the system as is if we are going to have this system (which I don't really like at all)
Old 09-15-2012, 01:29 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

It's because different position within the same group may have completely different assignments.

Like with LB's, The MLB and OLB's have completely different assignments. In a 3-4 OLB's rush the passer while the MLB usually just sits back and reads the defense.

Same thing with Tackles. The LT is usually the best pass blocker while the RT is the best run blocker.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:36 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by football5680
It's because different position within the same group may have completely different assignments.

Like with LB's, The MLB and OLB's have completely different assignments. In a 3-4 OLB's rush the passer while the MLB usually just sits back and reads the defense.

Same thing with Tackles. The LT is usually the best pass blocker while the RT is the best run blocker.
But all the pack does is boost the amount of XP a positions gets. So if a OLB gets a different XP boost than a MLB, the boost pack just multiplies what they already have. At least that's what I think it should do.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:12 AM   #5
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Skill positions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 07:34 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebizarrojerry

By my 4th+ season of CCM I won't be able to afford all the packs and I don't think that's right.

Not to mention I'd like by the 4th or 5th year to have the scouting package as well, and that is also very expensive.
It's a 30 year career mode, not a 4 year one.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #7
Rookie

You don't know how good of a coach he is! He deserves to be a master of all positions right now. Not being able to get BONUS pts for each player by 4 seasons is insulting!
Old 09-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

If you think about it like this it makes a little more sense, to my mind anyway.

It takes a few drafts and several seasons' worth of reflection to be dubbed a draft guru. Jimmy Johnson got that reputation, but it didn't come overnight; it was the result of several years of HOF production by a few of his draftees.

It also takes a while to build credibility as a negotiator or as a charismatic figure who can keep guys around instead of having them hit the market. Some players love a coach so much that they'll take a big pay cut to play under them for the long haul, but that's not usually a level of respect accorded to rookie coaches.

That's the way I see it. I'm going to have to put out solid HC production for 3-5 years before I'm established as a legitimate force, which I think is pretty realistic. By that point I'll be able to purchase the appropriate packs for my coach type. I'm Walsh, so I'll save up and hit the Scouting Points pack, which will take at least two years to save for, but then I'll be able to make much smarter decisions on draft day, so to me the cost in time is made up for by the long term benefit.

Just my .02.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »