Home

"Super Bowl Memories" by Operation Sports...[SPOILERS]

This is a discussion on "Super Bowl Memories" by Operation Sports...[SPOILERS] within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2012, 01:40 AM   #1
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14
"Super Bowl Memories" by Operation Sports...[SPOILERS]

Other than the post asking how the entirety of member's CC's are panning out, I haven't seen a post yet with this simple premise:

What are your memories of your Super Bowl appearances?

I just pose this question as tonight I will be playing my first M13 Super Bowl, and I know I am going to want to have a place to remember MY accomplishments, so how about you Operation Sports?

To not duplicate the other CC thread, please restrict your memories to SUPER BOWLS only. There is already an open discussion on full careers, thanks!

2012 Lions/Texans coming right up! Hope to see your memories as well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 12:13 AM   #2
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: "Super Bowl Memories" by Operation Sports...[SPOILERS]

My first M13 Super Bowl would forever be known as:

The Alphonso Smith Game - Super Bowl 47 - Detroit Lions/Houston Texans

Smith had two picks, including a 106 yard touchdown jaunt while Houston was inside the 10 yard line and looking to do no worse than tie a 17-14 game late in the third quarter. Schaub got absolutely demolished again by Ndamukong Suh and friends, and the ball flutters duck-like to Smith. Seeing no one in his path, he decides to try to seal the game...

Spoiler
Old 09-17-2012, 12:39 AM   #3
Rookie

Wenkinator's Arena

OVR: 4
I just started my second ccm with the new rosters. In my first Ccm I took the Cowboys to New Orleans to play the Ravens.

The first half was ok. We fight hard and got out to a 24-3 lead. Dez and Romo were lighting it up, Murray was running around their D. My defense was eating Ray Rice. Flacco was inconsistent and then... I injured him as he tried to convert a 3rd down pass nearing the end of the half.

Halftime. Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and Ray Rice got together and had the most inspiring speech.

Final half: Ray Rice explodes for 170 yards, Lewis gets two sacks, Reed gets a pick 6... By this point it is 24-20 with 5 min remaining. I have the ball.

3 and out. My line was playing horrible. My receivers couldn't catch the ball out get opened. So punt. The Ravens back up Qb (Tyrod Taylor?) Marched down the field with ease and then got into my redzone with 1 min remaining. I stop them 3 plays in a row with incompletions... And then the 4th down halfback screen was called and Rice rumbled into the endzone. I was done. Game over. I've never Ben do heart broken but I've never felt so good about a Madden loss.

Lewis and Reed got to retire with new rings, and Romo doesn't get the monkey off his back.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:02 AM   #4
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

So glad you asked ... [let the rant begin]

I just turned off the PS3 to post about this, so the memory/wound is a little fresh but I'll try to articulate as much as possible without going CAPS on the thread.

It took me 13 years in my CCM to get to the Super Bowl and I just finished playing the game. Me (Titans) vs. Detroit.

Very good presentation before, during, and after the game. It really felt "special" and "different" compared to a regular game or even playoff games.

As for my specific Super Bowl LX ... well, I won... except the CPU cheated me out of it.

Detroit got out to a 14-0 lead. I climbed back to tie it up by halftime. Detroit kicked two field goals in the 3rd and I eventually scored a touchdown early in the 4th to go up by one.

Naturally, Detroit went right down the field and got a field goal to go up by two (23-21). I march down the field using my power running game and force Detroit to use up all of their timeouts. I get to the 35 with fifty seconds left and a 3rd and 2. I run and get the first down.

So now I'm on the fringe of field goal range for my kicker so I run another play to make sure I'm in range. Before snapping the ball I make sure I'm prepared to mash R1 and push up on the stick immediately so there is ZERO chance of fumbling.

I do exactly that and clear the right side for a 10 yard gain and prepare for the hit to go down easy on the tackle...and then it happens

Three Detroit defenders from the secondary morph at super-speed and put a ridiculously impossible "big hit" on my power back who is a huge beast with incredibly high strength, trucking, fumble, etc. ratings... so naturally he fumbles.

I really felt like the CPU was taking tons and tons of shortcuts to create outcomes and keep the game close throughout, but this took the cake. it was completely predictable and so frustrating. I've claimed the "comeback logic" and "predetermined outcomes" argument before but this was a very "wow" moment.

There's no way I could let the Super Bowl end like that. To make matters worse, I had saved some incredible highlights from earlier in the game that are now gone.

How could such a phenomenal game have such a horrible conclusion determined by b.s. programming? I know I've heard that EA panders to the casual "fun" gamers and cuts corners to produce scenarios, but this was horrible.

Ah... well anyway, I just simmed the game and won by like 30 but it's not the same.

I hope none of you have the same experience. Up to that point it was the most intense/fun game of football I'd played in years... and then b.s. happened.

Good luck.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:11 AM   #5
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24

I started a CCM on Aug 29th and have been running with it ever since. I play with the New England Patriots and created Head Coach Bill Belichick.

My first Super Bowl was in 2013. Tom Brady and The Patriots vs. Cam Newton and the Panthers. Carolina never scored a TD and I won the game 20-9. After getting that 4th ring Tom Brady ended his career and retired. I needed another QB, so I did an LOL moment, and traded Mallett and a 3rd round pick to the Jets for the one and only Tim Tebow.

2014 I was back in the Super Bowl with Tebow at the helm against Drew Brees and The New Orleans Saints. This time however Tim was not Tom and threw 3 INTs and New Orleans beat me 9-0 in a defensive slobber knocker.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »