Home

Madden's Sim Engine

This is a discussion on Madden's Sim Engine within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #17
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden's Sim Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
Hate leads a path to the darkside. Can't hate something I can't control.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #18
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
As long as online gaming remains king in the video game industry, don't expect them to fix anything that isn't related to online in some way. If it don't effect online experience, then it is very low priority. This is the trend I have noticed the past 6 years.

I said it for years now, they making these games designed for human vs human play style only. Everything is geared towards that. Which is why any time the CPU has to do something or control any aspect of the game, something comes out fubar.

This isn't the first time somebody brought up out of whack sim stats. Usually it would have gotten shouted down by that Casey DLG guy who would yell from the top of his lungs that his website tracked blah blah blah and everybody in their leagues are averaging above real life stats blah blah blah, so therefore, NOTHING is wrong with the game.

They did the same thing when it came to sacks, special teams play, etc. Key difference in all of his DATA was that it was all HUMAN controlled. All human vs human games.

So until they fix the CPU - game play, stats, sliders, penalties, etc will always be out of whack.
And the fact that everything is geared towards online now sucks. My year subscription ran out last week and I was playing offline for a bit, associations and CCM's and it made me miss the offline world. Some of the cinematics you see in Madden offline CCM make me appreciate the presentation more, being that many of those cutscenes aren't seen in offline.

I know 2K's offline association hasn't been touched in years but it's looking like a big focus would be Crew rather than offline association, the popular demand. I haven't play Madden offline in quite some time, I hate how the CPU zig zags on me haha, but it's something I'm trying to dive into now that I'm tired of being online so much. I'm one of those who enjoys watching CPU v CPU games as well, makes me feel more connected to my franchise/association/CCM, and stats for as long as I can remember are always off. In an NCAA franchise I had, Alabama QB McCarron passed for 462 yards against Virginia Tech. :/
Old 12-26-2012, 06:54 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmantommy72
However guys again I must point you to the sliders forum where you can input a slider set such as BlueNinjas and then you will see a HUGE improvement with the overall stats in the game. Pretty close to where they should be. There will always be statistical anomalies which makes it feel real.
How do sliders affect the simmed stats? I'm sick of seeing four 59-28 games per week.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Finally started my CCM with the Niners. The Eagles won 66-24 and the Falcons won 51-10. And there were several 44-point games. Really ruins the immersion to see such high-scoring simmed games.

Did they use the NCAA sim engine or something?

Edit: Looked again. The Ravens scored 52 in Week 1 as well.

Last edited by LowerWolf; 12-27-2012 at 02:08 AM. Reason: To add Ravens score
Old 12-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #21
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Finally started my CCM with the Niners. The Eagles won 66-24 and the Falcons won 51-10. And there were several 44-point games. Really ruins the immersion to see such high-scoring simmed games.

Did they use the NCAA sim engine or something?

Edit: Looked again. The Ravens scored 52 in Week 1 as well.
Wait until you see every punt returner with 2-4 TDs at the end of the year, scrub DTs with 15 sacks, elite 3-4 OLBs with under 5 sacks, 3-4 NTs getting the most sacks on their teams, MLB's leading the league in INTs, 3-4 ILB's not leading their teams in tackles, LILB/RILB's not splitting tackles at anywhere near realistic levels, elite HBs lagging in YPC while scrub HBs lead the league, team rush/pass ratios completely out of touch with reality, vertical scheme QBs leading the league in completion percentage, elite QBs throwing 12+ INTs every year, and personnel not dictating touches in the passing game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2012, 10:36 AM   #22
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I can't like this thread enough.

Some of you already know,(eh, no pun intended) that I was a part of a group over at football freaks that tested the cpu vs cpu until the stats were as close to the nfl we could get. It would take a dozen people until November sometimes just to get it close by playing all the pre-season games.

The stat engine was was inaccurate back in the mid 2000's and it hasn't changed one bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »