Home

Who to Rebuild?

This is a discussion on Who to Rebuild? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0
Who to Rebuild?

So, I'm re-rating my rosters a bit, and I'm trying to figure out who I'd like to rebuild. I've re-rated many, many players down lower, mainly to attempt and make the 'Star' players stand out more.

Here's who I'm thinking of possibly doing:
Lions - only 12 players 80 overall or better. Secondary is TERRIBLE, only Delmas and Houston are decent players there. Great D-Line that can make pressure with Avril and Suh. Great Young QB with a cannon. Mediocre receiving corps behind Megatron. Terrible O-Line, but a good young OT in Reiff.

Bears - Another terrible O-Line. Aging key defensive players. Streaky QB. Great RB corps. Average Receiver corps. Average safeties.

Bills - Needs a QB. Great RB duo. Average receiver corps. Decent O-Line. Decent D-Line. Weak LB corps. Lack of playmakers on defense.

Broncos - HoF rental at QB. Aging RB. Good top 2 receivers. Good O-Line. Mediocre safeties.

Cardinals - QB? Mediocre RB's. Decent receivers. Mediocre TE's. Bad O-Line. Good DE's. Great young MLB. Peterson as the #1 corner.

Jets - ? At QB. Average RB corps. Mediocre receiving corps. Good O-Line. Playmakers on defense, but lack of depth.

What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #2
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
I used Arizona in a league and they were fun to rebuild. They have some standout young guys and Fitz is a great #1 WR to have. You need to draft a QB and deal with the Kolb contract. Even if you cut him there is enough room to absorb the hit. D Washington is a beast and PP is a shutdown corner. Pieces are there and you can get better through the draft and FA

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 12-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #3
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Who to Rebuild?

Yer teams, in the order of my interest of rebuilding them:
Detroit- Fun team to play with, never won a Super Bowl.

Buffalo- Not as fun as the Lions, but never won a SB.

NY Jets- Haven't won a SB since the 1960's, I'd be interested in seein'
if i could win a championship with Tebow as a starter. My first order of business would be dumpin' Rex ASAP.

Chicago- A favorite team of mine as teenager, though I don't root for'em any longer.

Cardinals- Though they have never one a SB, they just don't hold any appeal for me, outside of their fantastic stadium.

Broncos- This franchise has had so much success in past years, it'd be about as much fun as rebuilding the Yankees lol
Old 12-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
Rookie

preaceps's Arena

OVR: 6

Detroit would be too easy. There are too many speedy CB in the draft so the secondary would not take long to overhaul at all. Same can be said about WR and rebuilding corps behind Johnson.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:33 AM   #5
Pro

HadlerT's Arena

OVR: 25

IMO, the Cardinals and the Jets are the most fun team to re-build.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

IMO the Rams are the team to rebuild with. Good young players with plenty of holes that need to be filled, but two first round picks in the 2013 and 14 draft.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:42 AM   #7
Rookie

chops44's Arena

OVR: 4

Mid-season two with Jets.
Doing a complete rebuild.

Simmed the first season.

Dumped Ryan.
Traded Sanchez, Tebow, Holmes, Greene, & Scott.
I ended up adding 3 #2 picks and a second third.
It cost me those players and a 7.

Then I traded my second highest #2 and my #6 to the Bears for their 2013 number 1.

Ended up with a 1, three 2's, two 3's, 4, and 5 in first draft.
It was a great start to the rebuild.

Unfortunately with the trades came massive cap hits my second season. 36 million in dead money. I couldn't resign anyone other then Keller. Ended up filling my roster with UDFA rookies and am currently getting my butt handed to me.

The great news is the Bears are having a terrible season and right now that 2013 #1 is the number 1 pick in the draft to go along with my #8.

I'll look to trade down with one of those picks trying to add a late first and a '14 first, then draft BPA.

I have 43 million in cap space, but probably won't be a spender in FA.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:37 AM   #8
Rookie

prime21time37's Arena

OVR: 5

out of the above teams i would choose buffalo. nice rbs and a #1 wr. could be fun to play in that division also. i remember at beginning of year whrn the redskins were on this list. 1 robert griffin later and i guess they are rebuilt. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »