Home

Madden 12 is a breathe of fresh air

This is a discussion on Madden 12 is a breathe of fresh air within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Madden 12 is a breathe of fresh air

i almost forgot how good this game was. After 13 , im sorry to say i ever came off of 12. i wonder why they didnt just feed off of 12. seems like they made a whole new game in 13. which is very sour. just my 2cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 12 is a breathe of fresh air

They just cant win.....They just cant win. When 12 was out all people cried about was physics and new passing. And thats what you got.

Infinity Engine was exactly what I thought it was going to be for M13. Okay, but with a lot of quarks. It didnt deserve the badmouthing that it received. Its all people had been crying for for about 4 years and they wanted to get it to peoples hands to show them they were at least working on it.

If anybody stops and thinks about it the infinity engine wasnt built for this gen.... Why would they launch the IE on M13 if M25 is on the next gen? Even if M25 isnt on the next gen why would they change the physics engine for a game that at max is 2yrs away from the next gen.

My thoughts are that they put it in M13 to just show good faith

The Total Control Passing in 13 was a fail imo. But it was a necessary fail. With something like that you dont really know how it will play out until people get their hands on it. Now that they 100% know the faults it SHOULD be tuned to be way better/more realistic.

EA cant win for actually trying can they?
Old 05-03-2013, 01:04 PM   #3

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

They did feed off 12. They added the infinity engine, new passing trajectories. The only thing that was really just completely changed was connected careers taking over the career modes. Madden 13 is the better game.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #4
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Madden 12 is better when it comes to replays and camera angles, once you get the hang of Madden 13, from a gameplay standpoint, 13 is better. I have played a ton of both and I went back to 12 the other day just to re-experience the cameras and replays and they are so much better than 13. When it comes to gameplay though, I can't even play 12 anymore. The IE was a necessary move despite all its flaws, IMO it still gives us the best playing Madden on current gen. I agree with WF, the move was made strictly to lay a foundation for next gen and I think they released it "early" so they could get the kinks out, having it been gameplay tested by consumers, before the next gen transition.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #5
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Madden 12 is better when it comes to replays and camera angles, once you get the hang of Madden 13, from a gameplay standpoint, 13 is better. I have played a ton of both and I went back to 12 the other day just to re-experience the cameras and replays and they are so much better than 13. When it comes to gameplay though, I can't even play 12 anymore. The IE was a necessary move despite all its flaws, IMO it still gives us the best playing Madden on current gen. I agree with WF, the move was made strictly to lay a foundation for next gen and I think they released it "early" so they could get the kinks out, having it been gameplay tested by consumers, before the next gen transition.
I agree. As much as I liked 12 for the cameras and replays, I do think overall 13 is better. They did take steps backward as much as they improved the passing though. Not being able to throw the ball high or low was a step back as well as the qb animations being worse. That's been the thing with Madden this gen. For every couple improvements they make, there are several things they remove or they regress.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #6
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
They just cant win.....They just cant win. When 12 was out all people cried about was physics and new passing. And thats what you got.

Infinity Engine was exactly what I thought it was going to be for M13. Okay, but with a lot of quarks. It didnt deserve the badmouthing that it received. Its all people had been crying for for about 4 years and they wanted to get it to peoples hands to show them they were at least working on it.

If anybody stops and thinks about it the infinity engine wasnt built for this gen.... Why would they launch the IE on M13 if M25 is on the next gen? Even if M25 isnt on the next gen why would they change the physics engine for a game that at max is 2yrs away from the next gen.

My thoughts are that they put it in M13 to just show good faith

The Total Control Passing in 13 was a fail imo. But it was a necessary fail. With something like that you dont really know how it will play out until people get their hands on it. Now that they 100% know the faults it SHOULD be tuned to be way better/more realistic.

EA cant win for actually trying can they?
It was a necessary fail indeed - it clearly pointed out, devastatingly glaringly pointed out, that EA needs to move to a "route based" passing system where the receivers route "is what it is" and the QB has to use the "precision passing" to "place" the ball high/low/inside/outside within the appropriate "window" of the route.

The way the QB throws the pass should not ever affect the route, especially before the receiver even gets his head around to "locate" the ball...
Old 05-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #7
Banned

MaddenSaints's Arena

OVR: 13

Madden 13 added some great features which can still be built upon to be made even better, however I played Madden 12 for so much longer and enjoyed it more. On Madden 13 I did not actually manage to stick to a Franchise for a long period of time because I got bored.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #8
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforsure
i almost forgot how good this game was. After 13 , im sorry to say i ever came off of 12. i wonder why they didnt just feed off of 12. seems like they made a whole new game in 13. which is very sour. just my 2cents.
These were your thoughts about '12...back then. Just say'n passing time makes games better than they actually were in a lot of cases.

----------------------

the TRADE logic does suck... It seems rather hard to trade players, not that , thats a bad thing. But when im offering a 80 OVR HB (F. Jackson) for a 70 OVR T (L.Brown) and ask for a 3rd rounder or 4th rounder also , they reject. When the Cards could use a HB since the starter Wells is at 75 ??? lol..

Ive lost interest in Madden for the past week.. Its just not a fun game anymore. I was all over it at launch... but i find it easy to draft since i know the potential of almost every draft pick.. lol.. kinda makes it
un-challenging.

i decided to TRADE madden 12 in and wait till 13 comes out... playing Madden 07 now... love it. Will never sell it..

I only got thru like 2 years , progrssion killed franchise mode in 12.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 05-03-2013 at 07:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »