Home

Salary Cap Glitch Confirmation - Online or Offline?

This is a discussion on Salary Cap Glitch Confirmation - Online or Offline? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Salary Cap Glitch Confirmation - Online or Offline?

I've read a few other topics on the glitch and seemed to have come to the conclusion that:

A) It's been fixed for online CCM
B) It STILL happens with offline CCM
C) It happens at different times
D) Nobody knows exactly WHAT triggers it (if anything) - although there is mention it could be tied to re negotiations with players not in their final contract year.

So I was hoping someone could provide a specific answer, preferably to the issue of offline CCM.

I play single player. I suck at the game, hence I play in my own little offline world where I can't get my behind kicked by superior online gamers. I love the salary aspects of the game, managing contracts, penalties, contract length, etc.

So after all the patches and all the updates and experiences, does it still happen offline? What is the benefit of an online single-player CCM league/savefile? If I start an online CCM by myself can I have multiple save files or just one per league (you see I sometimes like to go back a week and cheat - so sue me )

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2013, 12:42 AM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Salary Cap Glitch Confirmation - Online or Offline?

As far as I know, the salary cap glitch no longer exists in online CCM. I have never run into it, personally.

I have never played offline CCM, so I can't offer any help to that end.

One major benefit of an online CCM was (applicable when EA was still actively supporting the game) frequent server-side updates for any bugs or issues with the mode; CCM had a number of bugs upon its release, and many were fixed online well before they were fixed offline. The biggest real benefits remaining of an online CCM at this point are: A - PC and iPhone access to your CCM to view rosters, stats, respond to trade offers, and so forth; and B - portability of your save file, in case you happen to be at someone else's house and want to play your CCM game for whatever reason, you'd be able to on your friend's XBOX.

It's not possible to have multiple versions of the same online CCM - the "cheating" you describe isn't possible.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:54 AM   #3
Pro

Thanks for the reply Chris.

From what you are saying, it could be implied that since EA has completed it's support cycle of Madden 13 most of the server (quick) fixes have probably been incorporated into a patch.

I didn't know you could access your file online but that is an interesting feature. Although as I mentioned I usually play solo so there isn't much point in the community aspects of an online CCM.

Again, thanks for the reply. It seems the salary glitch is fixed online, so that could be an option. But hopefully someone can still chime on on their offline experiences and whether it the glitch still occurs. I've also read conflicting statements that the glitch (if it happens) resets after one year and it's essentially fixed, whilst another statement says that once it occurs it last forever. Not too sure which is more accurate.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:05 AM   #4
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I prefer online CCM solo if for just the added convenience of instantly advancing the week. All simulation is done server-side and it's nearly instant.

Bigger deal when you are doing more than one week at a time, but you'd be surprised over a couple of seasons how long you're waiting to advance

Will leave it to someone else to speak to the topic at hand, haven't had it either over the course of my offline/online CCMs.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #5
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

I hit it in my offline CCM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTownSlinger
I hit it in my offline CCM.
Can I ask when it happened? And do you think you did anything to trigger it or was it completely random?

Also, has it forced you to abandon your offline CCM or have you been able to either rectify it or has it corrected itself?

I've only just started a CCM. I'm in week 4 of the preseason. I'm at the point of potentially restarting an online CCM in order to avoid these issues.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #7
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

I think it happened around year 4. Yes, it was the end of my CCM, I couldn't have anyone on contracts other than guys that I drafted, so if I found a "gem" UDFA I couldn't sign him at years end which meant he was a FA, I usually lost them in the offseason to other teams, etc.

It sucked.

No, I don't possibly see how I could've done anything to trigger it. I have since restarted and in my new CCM, year 9 no issues. Same team, same playing style.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #8
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Just happened to me in my offline franchise. Came here looking to see if there were any solutions and low and behold...

Don't know exactly when it triggered, but in the off-season, going into year 3 I wanted to get younger at receiver, so I opted not to resign a couple of guys, drafted a guy to develop and traded Nate Washington on draft day.

I then found myself with a glut at right end. Since they're all but useless in the game, I traded away the oldest, most expensive guy, Kamerion Wimbley.

I knew I'd have some dead money, but even with a $9 million penalty I was still $25 million under the cap, so when the third season got under way, and looked to start negotiations with a few guys I saw I was like a billion dollars in the hole.

Everything I've read so far, the fixes only happened online, meaning that all the time I spend on that franchise was pretty much for naught. Wonderful... just wonderful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »