Home

New Madden NFL 25 Screenshot, Feature Playbook Dates Revealed

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 25 Screenshot, Feature Playbook Dates Revealed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2013, 09:06 PM   #129
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: New Madden NFL 25 Screenshot, Feature Playbook Dates Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Sadly, I feel the exact same way. I put in Madden a few times over the last 2 months and literally turn it off after 10 minutes each time. The game is just so far behind other sports titles (and games in general) that it is just brutal.
like i've said before, what sucks for me is that there is no other sport video game that i would rather play than football. Its just backwards for our community of sports gamers to NOT have the most popular sport in the country depicted in the highest quality in our games. Less popular sports in this country right now have FAR better simulations in the video game form. I just dont see how that is possible with all the money and revenue that surrounds the NFL and big time NCAA football. You would think a filthy rich gamer who is also a rabid football fan would step-up and throw and unlimited amount of money at EA or some other company and say "here you go, your budget is sky high, now do what you must to make the greatest football sim POSSIBLE, happen." ..lol mabe im just dreamin.. point is judging by the whole package from other titles, our football games are waaaaay behind, i just dont understand why.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:12 PM   #130
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

I'll admit,some of the information has me "somewhat" interested....but that screenshot?.....did somebody have "big head" mode activated?...
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 04-23-2013, 09:57 PM   #131
Rookie

BlackJack_Williams's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm somewhat excited for tomorrow... hopefully the small amount of excitement I have now won't die down immediately after. We shall see.
Playing right now: Rocket League
Games Looking forward to: Moving to PS4 lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2013, 10:22 PM   #132
Rookie

JaySwizzlez's Arena

OVR: 1
Can't tell much except that they haven't done anything with the facemasks. It's a minor part of the game could be fixed.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:33 PM   #133
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
all this talk of what everyone wants reminds me of what I really want... i want a madden that is a blast to play again...
I was thinking along these lines the other day - and for me it comes down to some "clunky" issues with the game...

...back in the PS2 days I could play for hours and hours on end, so what changed?

I think XP progression drags me down (actually having to go pick what to progress as I know the CPU won't value the ratings I do), having to "practice" for my backups to progress at all drags me down, the expanded ratings make roster management more complex, the game is herky jerky on screen as the movement is not as "fluid" as PS2, the animation system leaves you bored because there is never that "wow did you see that" moment anymore.
And for me personally, I hate not being able to play in an online league/franchise that allows custom playbooks, custom sub packages, and position changes.

While I like the idea of more and more depth - training camp, mini-camp "drills", hidden ratings, expanded ratings system, there is a point where some of the depth, especially when there is no viable "simulate it" option, becomes tedious. I hate NCAA Football the game, because I hate recruiting. If you leave the CPU to do it for you, you get garbage players and in online dynasty you have to actively recruit to get anyone you want.

I understand why others enjoy it - I am not blasting it at all, it just is not for me. CCM in Madden 13 required a ton of user "management" and so between each game you were "forced" to practice or fall behind the other user teams.

That is why if you see me post on hidden ratings, training camp ideas, more detailed practice ideas - I always advocate for a way to "sim" that and still get the benefits - because for me the games, especially playoff games against my friends is what I play the game for...
Old 04-23-2013, 11:56 PM   #134
Banned

tfer717's Arena

OVR: 0

Ofcourse we are all excited. We are sim-head football fans. We love football and football games. But as a hardcore simulation guy, we will NEVER get that type of product from EA if they continue making games the way they do. 2k and MLB the Show really seem to cater more to sim players. So many interviews I read from SCEA about the show always tend to dwell on 'keeping it the most simulation possible'. Madden always trys to cater to casual fans and little kids. Remember that terrible trailer a couple years ago for Madden 11? Simpler...quicker...deeper? how the F does that make sense? They'll never understand.. and if people think EA gives a rats *** they are delusional. Once I saw the video of them using production guys for motion capture I threw in the towel. This game will never be good for die hard sim gamers. And its really a shame. /rant
Old 04-24-2013, 02:30 AM   #135
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfer717
Ofcourse we are all excited. We are sim-head football fans. We love football and football games. But as a hardcore simulation guy, we will NEVER get that type of product from EA if they continue making games the way they do. 2k and MLB the Show really seem to cater more to sim players. So many interviews I read from SCEA about the show always tend to dwell on 'keeping it the most simulation possible'. Madden always trys to cater to casual fans and little kids. Remember that terrible trailer a couple years ago for Madden 11? Simpler...quicker...deeper? how the F does that make sense? They'll never understand.. and if people think EA gives a rats *** they are delusional. Once I saw the video of them using production guys for motion capture I threw in the towel. This game will never be good for die hard sim gamers. And its really a shame. /rant
I don't think SCEA caters to the SIM crowd as much as they create a game that can be as arcade or as SIM as you want.
OPTIONS

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2013, 02:50 AM   #136
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I don't think SCEA caters to the SIM crowd as much as they create a game that can be as arcade or as SIM as you want.
OPTIONS
Even though that's true, it's kind of splitting hairs, imo, because SCEA create it as "sim" as possible with options/settings to customize. This is totally opposite of what Tiburon seems to do, by trying to create a "balanced" realism/fun hybrid foundation, with options/settings to customize.

That nonsensical approach just gave me a headache typing it. smh

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »