Home

Madden NFL 25 Trailer - Run Free

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Trailer - Run Free within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #65
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
That looks TURRIBLE. I don't get EA's marketing team sometimes. They put these trailers out that look awful. Only a 10 yr old would look at this and think, "WOW that looks amazing."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 25 Trailer - Run Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
Year after year people buy into this gimmicky stuff by EA. Madden is garbage, nowhere near a 2K5. Madden is a waste of money.
2K5 is the most OVERRATED game in history.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #67
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeurrgghhhh I know this is still a work in progress and the game is not finished yet but that trailer was gross!

I'm intrigued to see if the new jukes are mapped onto the left stick, thus removing zig zag running. There should be no way to stop on a dime and zig zag run without having super high agility, acceleration, elusiveness and juke ratings. If these moves are all on the right stick and the left stick movement remains cheesy, then they just wasted their time developing the new running moves.

'Run Free' will not exist if they have not completely eradicated zig zag running and the unrealistic sliding movements.

As has been stated everywhere, the running animations really need some work too. They've always been bad but if you're going to highlight the run game, make sure that the fundamentals work well and look good before you release a trailer, work in progress or not.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 0
Do the players actually slow down like that while playing a game? I wonder? Didnt they have that feature in an old Ncaa football game?
Old 04-24-2013, 10:27 PM   #69
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

There will be no more mentions of NFL 2K or 2K Sports in this thread. This is the Madden forum.

Focus discussion onto the trailer, please. Thanks.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:28 PM   #70
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

My thoughts on the trailer:

Meh.

I want to see raw gameplay footage; the new feature write-ups sound great, but this trailer doesn't really give a feel for how the new additions impact the user.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:34 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 0
Ya its hard to tell if the game will be improved but to me its already feeling glum! Why cant they build a complete game instead of adding one new feature every year and selling the game on that one feature? Did you notice the other new feature, its something called FRANCHISE??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2013, 10:36 PM   #72
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

This trailer is so indicative of this company and its blatant ineptitude. 8 years of HD console gaming wasted. I'm done with EA and their products. They must think I'm stupid...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »