Home

Are mini-games gone from now on?

This is a discussion on Are mini-games gone from now on? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #1
Rookie

trendsetter09's Arena

OVR: 4
Are mini-games gone from now on?

Is there any news about Madden 25 re-implementing the fun Mini-Games that they took out of Madden 13 (QB Challenge, RB Challenge, Coverage Challenge etc.)? I'm sure this isn't a big deal to most people but for me it was a way for my friends who aren't interested in the quick game to have some fun as well. I'm just wondering if theres any news about it. All of my friends have just chalked it up as one of those features that may never return.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #2
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Are mini-games gone from now on?

To be honest, I would not mind them coming back, but for progression they can keep them out. All they ever did was allow the rich to get richer. Teams with high rated players got to advance those players and teams without them could not keep pace...

And they never really made me feel like I was getting better at manual control, it was, in my opinion, a overdone progression gimmick.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #3
Rookie

trendsetter09's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm not talking within Franchise/CCM mode. I was talking about the separate game mode that allowed you to compete head to head with your friends.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #4
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I thought those were cool and should've been expanded to teach the game.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:21 PM   #5
Rookie

playajay98's Arena

The screenshot from the main menu has a 'skills trainer'. I'm hoping this gives us 2 player and also a 'ghost' we could compete against from our best time/score.

Last edited by playajay98; 05-29-2013 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Added picture
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2013, 02:35 PM   #6
Rookie

I missed mini games from the PS2.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:37 PM   #7
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by playajay98
The screenshot from the main menu has a 'skills trainer'. I'm hoping this gives us 2 player and also a 'ghost' we could compete against from our best time/score.
I think that will be like the trainer in NCAA where they teach you how to run option and use new feature

I wish they would bring back mini games to progress players. Considering in current model it nearly impossible to progress your young back ups that you plan on starting in future.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 05-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 12

I now the op was about just the standard mini game outside of franchise, but I would love to see this feature brought back for connected franchise and expanded on. Sorry, this will be a long post.

In the NFL, organizations hold voluntary offseason condition programs, rookie mini camps, OTAs and training camp. This is where a lot of improvement is made for players in the NFL. Since the game has taken on such a RPG aspect, I think adding these offseason programs is essential.

What better way to implement this then to give the user control.

Right after the draft, you can hold a rookie minicamp that includes your draft class, practice squad players, and your undrafted free agents. You can run them through a series of mini games and practices. This will allow coaches to get a feel for their players in game like situations. While also giving a slight amount of xp for individual performance.

After the rookie minicamp, you can have an offseason conditioning program. There was a thread about realistic contracts or the lack of them posted yesterday. Many players have bonuses written in to their contract. Based on a players overall morale, they can decide to attend these camps. Players who do attend, can receive slight boosts to conditioning type ratings. Such as strength and stamina. Older players who attend will help them maintain these ratings longer.

After this, teams can hold OTAs. You can run through a handful of players through mini games and practices for xp.

And finally, training camp. Here you can run all of your players through one mini game if you choose and a couple practices. Gaining xp based on performance.

Now, I know some will feel this will be a way to boost players way to fast. But I think if they made the xp gain minimal, this will be a great chance to explore your new players before getting too deep into regular season games while also practicing and learning different aspects of the game.

And for those who do t want to put the time into, you can just sim past it and the CPU will handle this for you.

It's something I would love to see next gen. Football is a year round sport, we should be given the keys to the offseason to make our teams better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »