Home

Relocated Team Uniforms

This is a discussion on Relocated Team Uniforms within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #81
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Relocated Team Uniforms

I agree. If you want to keep the same city name and mascot/team name, just build a new stadium (if that's what you want to relocate for).

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 04:38 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 5

I think this may get frustrating for some people. From what i have seen online it looks as though you must choose your new city and logo before getting to see what associated uniforms of said logo look like. Personally I would want to be able to get a look at this at the same time as picking a logo, if I decide that all of the uniform options are trash I wouldn't want to continue with it.

I get where EA were going with this but ultimately I think I would have preferred a team builder type mode instead and design my own uniforms and logo.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:50 AM   #83
Rookie

Jesus White's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossyb83
I think this may get frustrating for some people. From what i have seen online it looks as though you must choose your new city and logo before getting to see what associated uniforms of said logo look like. Personally I would want to be able to get a look at this at the same time as picking a logo, if I decide that all of the uniform options are trash I wouldn't want to continue with it.

I get where EA were going with this but ultimately I think I would have preferred a team builder type mode instead and design my own uniforms and logo.
On the plus side, there'll probably a walkthrough type thing on YouTube the day after the game is realised that shows all the uniforms.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #84
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus White
On the plus side, there'll probably a walkthrough type thing on YouTube the day after the game is realised that shows all the uniforms.
Or you can start a jaguars franchise and keep relocating until you find one you like lol
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus White
Good point, this will actually most certainly happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #86
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
Why would you want to relocate a team and not change the city name? This makes no sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Personally, I would love to move the Panthers to Chapel Hill. I know the first name is Carolina, so that one particular doesn't matter, but like I said before, the Dallas Cowboys are not in Dallas. So it is very real for a team to relocate and keep the same name.

I may be wrong, but I think a couple of baseball teams have done this or was maybe thinking about it. Anaheim comes to mind, but don't quote me on that.

Also, I've heard rumors of San Fran moving to another city before, but were going to keep San Fran as their name. I don't remember what came up about it.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:49 PM   #87
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
Personally, I would love to move the Panthers to Chapel Hill. I know the first name is Carolina, so that one particular doesn't matter, but like I said before, the Dallas Cowboys are not in Dallas. So it is very real for a team to relocate and keep the same name.

I may be wrong, but I think a couple of baseball teams have done this or was maybe thinking about it. Anaheim comes to mind, but don't quote me on that.

Also, I've heard rumors of San Fran moving to another city before, but were going to keep San Fran as their name. I don't remember what came up about it.
The 49ers are building their new stadium in Santa Clara, CA. Santa Clara is basically San Jose. You can check out the stadium here:
http://www.levisstadium.com/
Old 08-14-2013, 06:08 PM   #88
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12

the idea for most teams is to find a place to build a stadium near the metroplex they work near. so Dallas, sf, ny/nj, etc. the brand is too big to change the name to say the Santa Clara 49ers or Arlington Cowboys. Owners mode has a relocation option and a rebuild option. the teams you have mentioned didn't relocate to different cities they rebuilt stadiums in other places. the relocation is a team like the Oiler becoming the Titans moving to Tenn. or Cleveland going to Baltimore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »