Home

GameStop deal on madden 25

This is a discussion on GameStop deal on madden 25 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #17
MVP

Molarmite's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: GameStop deal on madden 25

I can confirm this deal. Went into my GameStop, talked with a guy that seemed to know what was going on. He said they had a received an email explaining this whole deal and that it was going on. As for the 30 days thing, he said you must upgrade within 30 days of XboxOne launch. Not buy the game within 30 days before XOne launches. He said they will send you a coupon in the mail giving you the $50 trade in value and it must be redeemed 30 days after the console launches. So that's very good news I think, definitely will buy both now.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #18
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You read it wrong. You have buy it within 30 days of the consoles launch (probably november). Most people will buy the game at on August 26 or within the first month of the season. Those people that do that cant get the 50 dollar trade in.

The only people this is a great deal for are the ones who can wait until October to buy Madden.
No you read it wrong. Only other catch is you have to be a Power-Up Rewards member

http://stickskills.com/2013/08/07/ga...ext-gen-title/

This is a quote from the writer
"The current-gen version of the game has to be purchased in the initial 30 days of the game launch, not within 30 days of the PS4/XB1 launch. From there, customers have until the end of 2013 to redeem it for credit toward the next-gen version." -Matt Liparota

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker

Last edited by CubFan23; 08-08-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #19
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
No you read it wrong. Only other catch is you have to be a Power-Up Rewards member

http://stickskills.com/2013/08/07/ga...ext-gen-title/

This is a quote from the writer
"The current-gen version of the game has to be purchased in the initial 30 days of the game launch, not within 30 days of the PS4/XB1 launch. From there, customers have until the end of 2013 to redeem it for credit toward the next-gen version." -Matt Liparota
I'm pretty sure you are right, here is the press release from GameStop's website:

http://news.gamestop.com/press-relea...box-one-video-

It says "To qualify for this offer, a customer must be a PowerUp Rewards member at the time they purchase a new eligible Xbox 360 title(s) within 30 days of its initial release and then trade that game at any U.S. GameStop location for the new Xbox One standard version of that same game."
Old 08-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #20
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The only difference is most of the time when referring to a game they say "release" not "launch." Consoles have a launch day.
well guess this isnt always the case then , huh?? glad to hear ur version of what this meant was wrong . now i can go to gamestop and get m25.....and get the ps4 version for 10 bucks !
Old 08-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #21
Rookie

TOmuch81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
I'm pretty sure you are right, here is the press release from GameStop's website:

http://news.gamestop.com/press-relea...box-one-video-

It says "To qualify for this offer, a customer must be a PowerUp Rewards member at the time they purchase a new eligible Xbox 360 title(s) within 30 days of its initial release and then trade that game at any U.S. GameStop location for the new Xbox One standard version of that same game."
Sounds like this MAY BE a Microsoft and EA exclusive, as the article above does not mention the Sony version. Hope that's not the case, as I'm getting a PS4, but I remember there being a sort of "partnership" between EA and MS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #22
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOmuch81
Sounds like this MAY BE a Microsoft and EA exclusive, as the article above does not mention the Sony version. Hope that's not the case, as I'm getting a PS4, but I remember there being a sort of "partnership" between EA and MS.
It might be a MS exclusive, but not EA. Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed are eligible in addition to the 3 EA games.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #23
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOmuch81

so i went to gamestop friday evening, and i asked a rep there, he looked it up on his email on his comp to make sure of this. this is the fact of what he told me. he said as of right now, this deal is only for xbox360 and xbox 1 versions of madden , and the other games mentioned in this article http://stickskills.com/2013/08/07/ga...ext-gen-title/
. in this article it claims its for xbox and ps3 versions, however the guy at gamestop told me it is ONLY for xbox360 - xbox 1 versions. that it was a MS exclusive . he said Sony may do one as well but at this time , they have no info at all on a deal like this that Sony is doing. so this is just a post to clear this up . this is a real offer, but only for xbox360 going towards xbox1 version of the game. which sucks! but i expect Sont to match this offer, if they have any sense at all.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #24
Rookie

playajay98's Arena

OVR: 0

Well...it makes since for Sony to step up in a similar way to further intice console owners of current gen to stick with their brand but pretty lame for those of us moving from PS3/XBOXONE or 360/PS4

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »