Home

To those playing the demo: Is AI clock management any better?

This is a discussion on To those playing the demo: Is AI clock management any better? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #17
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: To those playing the demo: Is AI clock management any better?

Posted this in the impressions thread and i'll post it again.

Was tied 14-14 w/ the Packers. They had the ball at my 12 yard line w/ under 1 min to go, they had 3 TOs I had 1. Ran the ball 3 straight times and called a timeout after each run. Kicked the go ahead FG and left me 37 seconds on the clock and a timeout to try and tie the game up in regulation. CPU could have easily ran the clock down to a few seconds and kicked the GW FG but instead gave me a chance.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #18
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
It's honestly the first time I have seen this happen on ANY Madden, since 1992. Never seen the cpu not kick a fg in that situation. There's way too much of this kind of thing being advertised on Youtube these days. Take a exceptional moment like this that happens 1/100 times and then say this is how the game plays. You can't make an exception the rule, if a game plays good 90% of the time and you only show the 10% of the time it doesn't, you're lying to the community.
I have to disagree at least from what I have seen anyway. Madden 13 almost NEVER called the appropriate plays in late game situations whether trailing by 3 or winning by 20. If they were winning by 20 with only minutes left the AI would be trying to sling it all over the field instead of killing the clock with the running game. If they trailed by 3 or 7 they would get the ball and try to play clock control ball. essentially running the clock out on themselves. They would do this on a CONSISTENT basis every friggin game to the point where I would call timeouts for them just to try and get a realistic conclusion to my hour and a half of time. It really played the opposite of what it should have. IMO madden 13 was the WORST AI late game intelligence that I have ever seen in a football game and ive played them all every year.

I too have also seen on many occasions the AI going in for a score late in the half, run the time out on themselves even though they have time outs remaining and should just kick the field goal. they would pick a run play get stuffed and let the clock run out for some strange reason instead of calling time out and kicking the gimmie chip shot FG. very annoying and I pray this madden 25 has a brain late in the game and half.

and this is EXACTLY what I experienced REGULARLY in madden 13 and unfortunately it looks as if it is reering its ugly head AGAIN..SMH video by shakedown2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We6G3-_C_gA

Last edited by CT Pitbull; 08-14-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:35 AM   #19
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

I think playcalling improved...situational playcalling did not. and game management in certain areas improved, overall....really did not. there are still horrible mistakes that make you shake your head and ruin the game. last year I enjoyed playing the game, and actually went 6 years playing into my franchise, but I just couldn't keep going with such a STUPID AI. I hope its improved more than we have seen thus far

and if its as bad in roster management as in 13.....sigh.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 3

I had Aaron Rodgers take a sack to end the half after driving down to my five yard line while using all their time outs realistically along the way. I suppose it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility for that to happen, but still, it just didn't feel right. Rodgers would know better. He would have thrown the ball away and taken the FG.

It also wasn't just that it happened, but the way that it happened. He was completely oblivious to the pass rush, and got clocked by someone on his front side; wasn't even a blind side hit. So yeah, I'm sitting there going, hmmmm...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »