Home

Madden NFL 25 Ratings For Every Offensive Player

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Ratings For Every Offensive Player within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-16-2013, 11:18 PM   #25
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Madden NFL 25 Ratings For Every Offensive Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
Where are they getting these ratings from? I could care less about the overall but alot of these players are rated way too closely. It's no separation hopefully with Madden Share we can get a great roster set.
The issue there is that you'll get proper separation of ratings for one year. After the incoming draft class, you'll again be at EA's mercy with regards to ratings.

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2013, 11:49 PM   #26
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Nice work EA!! Brice Butler has been making big noise for the Raiders since OTA's and has even been getting 1st team reps, but since he was drafted in the 7th round, I guess he deserves his 59 ovr. Nice work there.... I am soooooooo thankful for Madden share this year.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:29 AM   #27
Rookie

Jeter2's Arena

OVR: 0

Geno is only 73 but has nice speed at 85, THP at 92 and Short Med and Deep accuracy to build off of.

Also Chris Ivory looks like a mini beast. 96 truck, 97 stiff arm
Old 08-17-2013, 12:47 AM   #28
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
Where are they getting these ratings from? I could care less about the overall but alot of these players are rated way too closely. It's no separation hopefully with Madden Share we can get a great roster set.
It's always been like that for the next-gen. Every team is (usually) good. I guess the NFL doesn't want to hurt any of the players feelings and tells EA they have to keep them close.

This is why I never understood why people get upset every year about ratings.

They're never right.

John Sullivan is the highest rated Center in the game with a 95.. I mean.. Come on. I consider him our third best lineman (and not the best Center in the game) and the next highest one on our team is an 89 I believe.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 08-17-2013, 01:21 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 6

Did they really take out acceleration, like someone posted earlier or did I miss the sarcasm? And if they did in fact remove it, why?
Old 08-17-2013, 01:43 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa
Only on madden is Vincent Jackson just as good as Larry Fitzgerald. Can't believe Fitzgerald is only a 92. The good thing is once he explodes this season he will be back at 97 where he belongs.
Nothing against Larry or anything, but this is what Madden needs to do more of. Moore is quick to raise a player's rating, but typically it takes a lot for him to lower guys in any meaningful way. This is partly why there is very little separation between players.

Case in point guys like Ray Lewis and Troy Polamalu from the previous few years.

A 85 should not be average. But more than that, the individual ratings need to have much greater separation.

Also, I am currently unable to view the file. Is acceleration truly not showing up? I have to believe it would be a mistake; surely EA would not remove one of the most important attributes in the game...right??
(people need to understand that acceleration is almost always more important than speed)
Old 08-17-2013, 01:47 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Nice work EA!! Brice Butler has been making big noise for the Raiders since OTA's and has even been getting 1st team reps, but since he was drafted in the 7th round, I guess he deserves his 59 ovr. Nice work there.... I am soooooooo thankful for Madden share this year.
Gotta disagree with you and side with Donny Moore on this one. Until guys prove it when it counts they should not get the benefit of the doubt. Also check his actual ratings. His skillset may be decent but low awareness may be keeping him down.

Edit: Anyone wanna be a good e-samaritan and look up Flacco's throwing power?

Last edited by ggsimmonds; 08-17-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2013, 04:37 AM   #32
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
That's why I first ASKED when was the last time he played? I'm seeing he played only 11 games. You sure he played in the playoffs? He did not play against Houston and I know he didn't play against us, yet my statement has no merit. Maybe Peyton Manning treatment would be too extreme.
He did play against Houston in the playoffs where he re-broke his arm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I remember last year during Chiefs camp and OTA's, Jon Baldwin was the talk of the town. Everyday there was a new story about how great Jon Baldwin was doing and was going to be last year. This catch:

had people thinking he was the second coming of Randy Moss. 20 catches and a 2-14 season later and you're probably still asking yourself 'Who the hell is Jon Baldwin?'.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »