Home

Sim stat question

This is a discussion on Sim stat question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Sim stat question

I'm still trying to decide if I want to buy this game. I've owned literally every previous version of Madden but read shortly after release that the offline CFM sim stats are once again out of whack, particularly QB completion % being very low. However, talk of this has died down a bit, so I was hoping someone could tell me if this is a problem with the PS3 retail version of the game or just with the Sunday ticket version.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Sim stat question

The QB stats are absolutely terrible and pretty much game breaking (at least when it comes to Connected Franchise) for me. Here's an example of what you'll be getting:

In my year two of CFM the top rated QB was Tony Romo with a 89.8 qb rating, he led the league with 28 passing TD's and had one of the highest completion percentages at only 59%!! there were only 8 QB"s with a QB rating over 80 and No QB had over (or close) to 5000 yards.

It really saddens me that the QB stats are so out of whack and makes deciding between two QB's based on their Sim stats completely worthless as every QB who isn't Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady will have a QB rating less than 75 and will complete less than 55% of their passes.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #3
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Hmm, that's frustrating.

The best comp % should be around 65% for the top 10 QB's.... Not 55%.

It's like this every year...

I just wish they should fix player progression/regression and the stupid CPU logic when cutting/drafting players.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #4
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

its actually worse than ever. I had a 2400 yard passing season with Russell Wilson in simulation. seriously. because he had a 42-44 percent completions.

its absolutely stupid, and it ruins WR receptions and TE receptions because they don't complete enough passes, or throw for enough yards.

absolutely game breaking as the other 15 games each week are indeed simulated. smh.

they must fix this, I cant even sim for fun anymore, I used to LOVE to do that and just go 20 years in and see what happens while managing it. now? what is the point if my QB throws for 2400 yards while my HB averages 2.4 YPC because hes a rookie and not a superstar.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerfan4life21
The QB stats are absolutely terrible and pretty much game breaking (at least when it comes to Connected Franchise) for me. Here's an example of what you'll be getting:

In my year two of CFM the top rated QB was Tony Romo with a 89.8 qb rating, he led the league with 28 passing TD's and had one of the highest completion percentages at only 59%!! there were only 8 QB"s with a QB rating over 80 and No QB had over (or close) to 5000 yards.

It really saddens me that the QB stats are so out of whack and makes deciding between two QB's based on their Sim stats completely worthless as every QB who isn't Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady will have a QB rating less than 75 and will complete less than 55% of their passes.
I would have been able to live with out-of-whack sim stats if they didn't matter. However, they in fact do affect the franchise experience. Teams go very QB heavy in the draft, and you will see good QB's fall by the wayside very early in your franchise..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks for the info guys. This is indeed sad news and definitely a gamebreaker. It was like this in the past and those versions got shelved before the real NFL season ended. Thankfully, thanks to these boards, I will save $60 this year, play some more MLB The Show, have another go at The Last of Us and wait for the new GTA to come out. The PS3 has been an utter bust for football gaming, which in the past was my sole reason for buying a console. Here's hoping that the PS4 has better things in store for us. Thanks again.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #7
Rookie

Oh and to put the nail in the coffin for CFM stats, I had the cardinals finish with 6 TD's the whole year on offense...

Not 6 passing TD's, not 6 rushing TD's, No, the entire team had 6 TD's the entire season, 4 from the QB and 2 From the RB. It was absolutely ridiculous and ruins any chance of realism
Old 09-02-2013, 11:48 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 5

I just had a season where R.Griffin had 3 touchdown passes and 7 picks. He passed for 3012 yards and played 15 games. Maybe if he played all 16 he could have had 4. All these interviews and crap before the game comes out and NO ONE ever ask about sim stats. Their messed up every year WHATS THE FREAKIN BIG DEAL FIX THEM!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »