Home

Is my CFM scheme broken?

This is a discussion on Is my CFM scheme broken? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2013, 07:35 PM   #9
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Is my CFM scheme broken?

So this is strange... I added another character to my CFM. Tampa Bay.. I play them Week 1. They are listed as an Attacking 4-3 just like my Jets. However in their Scheme they have the actual 4-3 options for player schemes.

They have:
RE1 LE1 DT1 DT1 LOLB1 MLB1 ROLB1

My jets have the same Attacking 4-3 scheme but their options are:
RE1 LE1 DT1 LOLB1 MLB1 MLB2 ROLB1

Are these player roles tied to the playbook? That would be my only guess. That really would suck because the jets are becoming more of a 4-3 team. I will tweet Looman about this why you gotta beat up Jets fans like that we have it hard enough!
Old 09-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Yes it should and I think it's just an error. I've been reading that a lot of people are having issues with schemes. By the way, what do schemes actually do? I know they show a different OVR for players, but beyond that, does it have any on-field impact?
it screws up your game if you plan on simulating anything. if you are the bears and make their receiver scheme SPEED, devin hester becomes a 94 overall and i had him lead the league in yards and tds and he's awful in real life.

and you set your depth chart up in the menus and then you go into the game and realize all the players you have suck! it's a lot of fun! for instance, in my 2nd year i drafted a new qb to develop behind cutler, he isn't exactly young anymore. cutler is an 89 in my depth chart in the menus, the rook a 72. i go to play the first game of the year, cutler gets injured on the 2nd series, i figure i'm boned. go check out the depth chart and in the game the rook is an 85 overall (!!!!) and cutler an 83, so in reality the rook is better in game but when i started him the entire year in my SCHEME he sucked ***, completed less than 60% of his passes and threw 25 picks to 18 tds, so yeah, lots of fun those schemes are.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #11
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
it screws up your game if you plan on simulating anything. if you are the bears and make their receiver scheme SPEED, devin hester becomes a 94 overall and i had him lead the league in yards and tds and he's awful in real life.

and you set your depth chart up in the menus and then you go into the game and realize all the players you have suck! it's a lot of fun! for instance, in my 2nd year i drafted a new qb to develop behind cutler, he isn't exactly young anymore. cutler is an 89 in my depth chart in the menus, the rook a 72. i go to play the first game of the year, cutler gets injured on the 2nd series, i figure i'm boned. go check out the depth chart and in the game the rook is an 85 overall (!!!!) and cutler an 83, so in reality the rook is better in game but when i started him the entire year in my SCHEME he sucked ***, completed less than 60% of his passes and threw 25 picks to 18 tds, so yeah, lots of fun those schemes are.
Compared to other QB simmed stats, that's actually a great season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
Compared to other QB simmed stats, that's actually a great season.
yeah no kidding.

i've taken to just starting a career with one of the worst teams whose players i dont care about (i'm a bears fan so i like to try to keep the actual bears players long term) and go in right away and set all the schemes to **** i like (strong arm qb, speed back, speed wr, receiving te, pass blocking lineman etc etc) and suffering an awful year and get a high pick and rebuild through free agency and the draft with players i know i'll have fun playing with. about the only way i can stomach the idiotic scheme bull****.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
using the NY Jets their default defensive scheme is a 4-3 Attacking, which is correct for this year. However the players listed are LE1, RE1, DT1, LOLB 1, MLB 1, MLB 2, ROLB 1.

Shouldn't it show 4 linemen and 3 linebackers or does it always have the same positions listed even if you use a 4-3 defensive scheme?

Sorry if this was asked before this is the first time I payed attention to the schemes.
ESPN depth chart says Jets are a 3-4 defense.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #14
Rookie

WelshWizard's Arena

Schemes don't alter the positions you see MLB 1 MLB 2 etc it's the playbooks that make them set that way. I don't know if changing your playbook in that menu changes that but thats what it's based off. doesn't mater much as do you see a difference if you set you WR1 WR2 WR3 differently? no you just see the first option.

As with player schemes it just changes the way the overall is shown. A QB with high speed and Throw on the run will be shown as a higher overall with the mobility scheme than a Strong arm one it does not change attributes or make players better or worse. Set your player schemes up and keep a open mind what players attributes ofter as you may have a RG set a run blocker so a 65 overall might have really good Pass blocking and would be 80+ set as a Pass Blocker. Look at the attributes.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWizard
Schemes don't alter the positions you see MLB 1 MLB 2 etc it's the playbooks that make them set that way. I don't know if changing your playbook in that menu changes that but thats what it's based off. doesn't mater much as do you see a difference if you set you WR1 WR2 WR3 differently? no you just see the first option.

As with player schemes it just changes the way the overall is shown. A QB with high speed and Throw on the run will be shown as a higher overall with the mobility scheme than a Strong arm one it does not change attributes or make players better or worse. Set your player schemes up and keep a open mind what players attributes ofter as you may have a RG set a run blocker so a 65 overall might have really good Pass blocking and would be 80+ set as a Pass Blocker. Look at the attributes.
except it doesn't even work right. take for instance matt forte. when you go to his player card it says his scheme is "one-cut". so you'd figure if you were running a one-cut scheme for a runningback that would show his highest possible overall, however, he gets worse when you do the one-cut scheme and is best when you do balanced! the only way to figure out is to adjust the scheme over and over and keep going in to the roster to see what their overalls display in a certain scheme because their best possible scheme as it shows on the player card is rarely their actual best one, so thats fun and time consuming. and then once you get everything set up the way you want it in the menus and go to play a game, lo and behold, all of the overalls are drastically different!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #16
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

I understand the overalls are meaningless in gameplay, but don't they affect the contracts the players demand?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »