Home

Has anyone turned a nobody into a star?

This is a discussion on Has anyone turned a nobody into a star? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2013, 11:35 PM   #1
Rookie

over9000yards's Arena

OVR: 9
Has anyone turned a nobody into a star?

Since nobody is talking about it, I'd be interested to hear which no-name players you all have turned into stars, franchise players, or even hall-of-famers in CCM!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #2
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Has anyone turned a nobody into a star?

tyler bray. I had him take over my franchise in year 2 because frankly alex smith doesn't provide a lot of excitement. Bray is now in year 3, and is already in the mid to high 80's, will have him as a HoF by the end of his career

problem is I don't even want to play CCM til they decide to go ahead and fix the simulation stats. they are ridiculous, and I have to play online, since offline half my roster will disappear among other bugs that are gamebreaking, but then I have to deal with losing internet connection to ea servers

overall, its become a bit of a pain to just play a legit franchise without serious problems
Old 09-01-2013, 11:46 PM   #3
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

Brandon Banks. Picked him up on FA, and he was strictly a return man. He lit it up, I liked his speed and ability to make cuts and keep his speed (high agility).

While needing a big play I subbed him in and he out-ran the coverage, but the ball bounced off his hands. I was saving his XP and was planning to develop him, but I felt he wanted too much money so I let him go.

Long story short, he was cut before the regular season that next season, I picked him up again and he repeated on his special teams production, and even made a few big plays when I needed them. His contract at the end of the year was justified so I signed him to four years. He's developing nicely and this next season he'll play a much bigger role in my offense.

He's got speed, accel, and high agility. You can't 'teach' that (not cheaply).. Worth the work and seasons to develop him. If he gets into open field, look out!

Also developed Deon Butler into a solid vertical threat.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #4
Rookie

over9000yards's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk49er
tyler bray. I had him take over my franchise in year 2 because frankly alex smith doesn't provide a lot of excitement. Bray is now in year 3, and is already in the mid to high 80's, will have him as a HoF by the end of his career

problem is I don't even want to play CCM til they decide to go ahead and fix the simulation stats. they are ridiculous, and I have to play online, since offline half my roster will disappear among other bugs that are gamebreaking, but then I have to deal with losing internet connection to ea servers

overall, its become a bit of a pain to just play a legit franchise without serious problems
Haha I'm a UT fan, so I'd love to watch Bray succeed. Personally I wouldn't do that in my CCM because I love running the option to much to go with a strictly pocket QB.

So is CCM like, reallyyyy bad right now? Because I haven't started it yet and I'd rather hold off than get invested in something that's broken atm.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:57 PM   #5
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

What I'm doing is only playing up till near the end of the first season. Then I hope that they will fix some of the gamebreaking glitches in the game with a patch. Most of them seem to be stuff that happens after the first season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2013, 12:04 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

Chandler Harnish took over as my QB for the Chargers after I got rid of Rivers. I initially thought he would just be a starter for year 1 but has developed very nicely. As of now, he is fifth in the league in passing yards and second among quarterbacks in rushing yards. I plan on continuing his development and think he will be an all-star for a few years before he begins regressing. I doubt he will make HOF.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
Pro

Patriots1996's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..GameOver..
Chandler Harnish took over as my QB for the Chargers after I got rid of Rivers. I initially thought he would just be a starter for year 1 but has developed very nicely. As of now, he is fifth in the league in passing yards and second among quarterbacks in rushing yards. I plan on continuing his development and think he will be an all-star for a few years before he begins regressing. I doubt he will make HOF.
I hope that happens in real life. He's got so much potential and as a Colts fan, I want to see him succeed. Hopefully the Colts sell to the highest bidder in a few years.

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #8
Rookie

gmanculb's Arena

OVR: 0

Kenjon Barner. Playing as the card picked him up in the pre season from free agency. Ran for 1800 yards with the cardinals!!!! Dude can bounce around really good. Used the Exp to boos his awareness which starts somewhere around 40. His overall jumps quick once you get that and his carry up. Was a 79 at the end of season 1 and rookie of the year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »