Home

Player Progression XP Question

This is a discussion on Player Progression XP Question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Player Progression XP Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiel26
Oh God yes it takes forever... Couple tricks in the offseason..

During the resigning period trade for young players with expiring contracts and resign them for dirt cheap to long term deals. These will be the guys you spend time on building for the next six years for pennies.. Or just sign some guys in FA that are cheap and fit your scheme.

Save some XP
1. Move CBs to SS to upgrade their tackle/hit power, way cheaper.
2. Move FS/SS to CB to upgrade man/zone way cheaper.
3. Move DT/DE to OLB to upgrade power/finesse/strength.(have to move DTs to DE then OLB)
4. Move RB/TE to FB to upgrade RB/PB
5. Move RB/FB to TE to upgrade catching/route running/release. (Have to move RB to FB then to TE)
(Never move to RB/FB/TE to WR... WR cant be changed)

Hey I must be doing something wrong. I got to the offseason, and I couldn't change most of my players from one position to another. I mean OLs could change to any OL, and LBs could change to any LB, but I didn't see an option to change an LB to a DE for instance.....

So how would one move a DT to DE and/or move DE then to LB, and then be able to move him back if LBs gave no options to switch to DE???

Color me confused.

Also is there a way to change a OL to a TE for instance or vice-versus? I have a 91 STR TE with terrible catching, that would make a great OL - especially since it's hard to find OL in draft with >90 STR. Hard to find DTs with that too. Unless they are horrible in SPD and/or ACC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #26
Husker Power

Spooky's Arena

OVR: 8

I wish they would get rid of this and go back to doing it at the end of the season only. Feels very fake to be able to custom level players up throughout the season. Very arcade like.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky
I wish they would get rid of this and go back to doing it at the end of the season only. Feels very fake to be able to custom level players up throughout the season. Very arcade like.
Exactly! It's kind of annoying to me. Another way they can do it is make it rpg like while gaining traits at certain levels for each position. Also, bring back mini-camp to boost players you want to improve. Well this actually beats that potential crap they had in '12 because that was ********.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #28
Rookie

ruttentud's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky
Well...you can still do that.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #29
Rookie

I thought I was the only one that felt cheap about progressing guys in the middle of a season. I too have to manually wait it out and put restrictions on myself so I don't lol.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkicley
Hey I must be doing something wrong. I got to the offseason, and I couldn't change most of my players from one position to another. I mean OLs could change to any OL, and LBs could change to any LB, but I didn't see an option to change an LB to a DE for instance.....

So how would one move a DT to DE and/or move DE then to LB, and then be able to move him back if LBs gave no options to switch to DE???

Color me confused.

Also is there a way to change a OL to a TE for instance or vice-versus? I have a 91 STR TE with terrible catching, that would make a great OL - especially since it's hard to find OL in draft with >90 STR. Hard to find DTs with that too. Unless they are horrible in SPD and/or ACC.
Hey there, I'm hoping to get this answered at some point:

So how and when exactly are you able to change players positions - outside of the normal (LG to RG, and LOLB to ROLB, etc).

What are the limitations to the player position changes? Can you make an OLB into a DE, or a OL into a DL or TE into a OL or TE into a WR.

IF so, how and when?
Old 12-11-2013, 03:25 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoctor
Are there any AWR penalties or anything for moving a player's position multiple times? I read somewhere that there are supposed to be attribute penalties for position changes, but not sure I've noticed them happening.
This is true. I moved FB Marcel Reece to HB and then back to FB and his blocking grades dropped from the high 80's to mid 60's. I moved him back to HB for that year, saved xp, and then switched him to FB again and used the points to get his stats back up. It was a crappy ride.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2013, 03:28 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensparrow
I saw this in another thread and wanted to see if everyone agrees. Your opinions would be appreciated.

QB - THP
RB - Elusiveness
WR - SPD/SPETACULAR CATCH
TE - PB
OL - STR/IBL
DE (4-3) - BSH/ACC
DE (3-4) - BSH/PMV
DT - STR/BSH/PMV
LOLB/ROLB (4-3) - ZONE/TACKLE
LOLB/ROLB (3-4) - BSH/FIN/PMV
MLB - BSH/TCK/ACC
CB - SPD/ACC/MAN
FS - ZONE/TCK/ACC
SS - ZONE/TCK/ACC

Questions:

QB - Is this right or should I add in SPD as well. I am a more of pocket passer so not sure if this would matter.

RB - I have heard that BCV and Awareness were pretty important. Is this correct. I assume the above guy was saying elusiveness because it is more expensive. I have bad luck picking RBs in the draft and want to know what I should go for here.

TE - He put PB. I would think SPD would be more important. Anyone know?

OLBs - I notice he said zone. I play quite a bit of man (compared to zone), would it make more sense if applied this to man instead? Or is it still beneficial to upgrade zone?

Any opinions on what to upgrade at each position would be appreciated. Does each position look correct? I am really trying to maximize my scout points so that I can use less on each player so I can spread the points out and scout more players. Thanks guys!!!
I tried this with Terrelle Pryor. I moved him to WR, but I couldn't switch him back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »