Home

Season Mode, gone, but not forgotton.

This is a discussion on Season Mode, gone, but not forgotton. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2013, 02:45 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Season Mode, gone, but not forgotton.

How great would it be if "Madden" had a "Season Mode" like it did years ago?

Imagine being able to take new roster update and start a season with a 53 man roster and depth chart in a matter of minutes. I'm not talking the old Franchise mode. I'm talking about "Season Mode" where the ratings and depth charts stay the same, and the user can turn off all trades, and just start playing.

I sure miss those days. The other major sports titles still have season mode with multiple team control or not. So there still must be a market for the mode right? I was elated that NCAA 14 added season mode this year!

Sure some will say it's boring, but my favorite mode has been missing for a few years now. I'm not sure when "Madden" last had, plain old season mode. Maybe, "Madden 10" or "Madden 11?" "Madden 12" had 32 team control which was close to season mode except the user had to go in and release a bunch of fictional players for every team in the preseason to get each roster down to 53, but hey, it was better than this re-rating of players based on schemes, depth chart issues etc... that the 32 team control does now.

Here's to hoping for a return of a true "Season Mode" in "Madden 15."
What do you other Madden gamers think? Do we need to start a campaign to bring back "Season Mode"?

Last edited by RCMSfan77; 09-14-2013 at 02:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Season Mode, gone, but not forgotton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMSfan77
What do you other Madden gamers think? Do we need to start a campaign to bring back "Season Mode"?
You mean to play the same 16 games over and over with updated rosters of the same player? It was fun before franchise mode.... they just have to fix franchise mode instead of continuing to break it.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

They only started with expanded preseason rosters in '12.I guess the preseason cuts would really be the only difference between a season mode and just playing one season in a franchise.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

I would think there would be very little demand for a season mode.. basically you just described a single season of franchise if you ignore the very small amount of prompts that affect rosters (preseason cuts, etc.).

You can turn off trades.. you can turn off relocation. Their are options to remove the features in franchise that would not be in a 'season' mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »