Home

lotusfather's Madden 25 Draft Guide

This is a discussion on lotusfather's Madden 25 Draft Guide within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2013, 11:45 PM   #401
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: lotusfather's Madden 25 Draft Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by live to die54
can you pm me the link with this info. ive never seen this and usually the first thing i do when i get a player is get them to star dev. if this is the case it sounds like ive wasted a lot of time and xp
Just compare xp goals and cost of upgrades.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2013, 01:20 AM   #402
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenSD
And you don't think having almost double the amount of draft picks isn't unrealistic?

That's not unrealistic at all. The 49ers entered the 2013 NFL Draft with 14 picks. And they have a crap load for the 2014 Draft as well. Organizations with great front offices load up on picks.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:22 AM   #403
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llswitch
no, have you ever seen the pats draft? they had 12-14 picks before, plus if you play with the Jags, and sell off what talent they have ....you dont think the jags could get 5-8 picks by trading MJD, Cecil Shorts, M. Lewis, (justin blackmon- hes still on roster in game) plus they already got a couple picks from ravens for Monroe.. I always pick a team, blow it up, move it and start fresh....
plus there is no incentive to ever trade down like many teams do in the draft for extra picks

Actually, there is major incentive to trade down in Madden 25 at times. I feel like in Rounds 2, 3, and 4...there are major hidden gems. Especially on the offensive side of the ball where it's easier to get experience.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:41 AM   #404
Rookie

I have seen everyone talking about having a large number of picks. Trading down for more picks in Madden 25 is great, I have gotten two firsts and a second for a top ten pick from a team. Also, has anyone noticed that once you have a certain number of picks in a draft they won't let you have any more? I think it might be 25? I discovered this after blowing up teams and just gaining draft picks. One of the best parts of the game!
Old 12-12-2013, 02:19 AM   #405
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just a quick update for anyone who has been waiting for the last two drafts. I have been really busy this week, but I should have a little more time now, so if they aren't done by this weekend they will be done this weekend.

As for the draft, there is a cap to the number for picks you can have, Slippery is right, it is 25. I know this for sure as I steal as many picks as I can when I start gathering overalls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #406
Just started!

I just think there should be more "Potential" talent in the late rounds... you know like a RB or CB you can draft in round 4-5-6 that could come in and start year 2-3. I understand you can upgrade their development, But i think it would be better for them to have lower overall with super high potential...how many DB's come from smaller colleges... Thats all i'm saying Id like to find better late round potential......

So do you guys just look for people with good Raw/physical talent? e.g. High speed/acc combined with good height/weight in the really late rounds then just suck it up and increase their development?

I just feel i remember madden 12 having a lot of "A" potential in rounds 4-6 compared to now like you would pull a 67 ovr receiver with "A" potential regularly
Old 12-12-2013, 09:11 AM   #407
Just started!

Sorry for the double post but Lotus I'd really like your input as you have made these drafts before, I have always used the guides.... Are there really no late round steals for the most part? or is it just so much more time/harder to scout this year that you havent been able to get all the way to 7th rounders?

just curious
Old 12-12-2013, 09:25 AM   #408
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llswitch
Sorry for the double post but Lotus I'd really like your input as you have made these drafts before, I have always used the guides.... Are there really no late round steals for the most part? or is it just so much more time/harder to scout this year that you havent been able to get all the way to 7th rounders?

just curious
I'm really into finding late-round picks myself so I spend a lot of time going through late rounders.

From my personal experience, no. Key positions like WR/RB/TE/CB/FS/SS all have speed issues that are deal breakers. You might find a FS/SS with a good zone coverage with low speed that you might be able to live with.

If you're looking for late round steals then I would suggest looking more towards DE/DT positions. That is where I nailed my little gems as they have fewer deal breakers, along with there always being a ton of them left on the board. That being said, I recommend against it. Other than franchise-player type draft picks for my o-line if you wait till the pre-season and a few games in teams are always cutting hot-shot d-linemen. You can picks guys up real cheap for a season. That's what I do for depth, saves a ton in cap that way.

TL;DR: no.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »