Home

Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Presentation Trailer (Official)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Presentation Trailer (Official) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #369
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Presentation Trailer (Official)

I dont play NBA 2K or even FIFA for that matter. However, I just watched the ign video review for NBA 2K 14 and just watching that game in motion makes me shake my head at Madden.

It would be amazing to pop a football game in that looked and animated the way NBA 2K does. Madden just looks horrendous in motion. (Robotic, no player differentiation, wonky animations, sliding, morphing, warping, etc, etc, etc, etc)
Old 10-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #370
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
Some of the decisions made by EA boggles my mind. For example, why did they have tattoos on mouthpieces on PS2 and then take them out on PS3? Moreover, it took them like 4 maddens to add clear visors on current Gen Madden. Most NFL players wear clear visors not those stupid jet black ones they used to put on everybody. It looks like the finally fixed the dreads although I hope they have different lenghts. Finally, all madden players play the same. I'm not trying to compare games, but in NBA 2k, every player feels different with their own moves and unique set of animations particular to that player. In Madden, you get into situations where Joe Flacco looks like Joe Montana and Darren Sproles looks like Adrian Peterson.
I heard that the NFL told them that they didn't want any tattoos on the players so thats why they removed it. As far as the mouthpieces I don't know why they would take them out of the game.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #371
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I dont play NBA 2K or even FIFA for that matter. However, I just watched the ign video review for NBA 2K 14 and just watching that game in motion makes me shake my head at Madden.

It would be amazing to pop a football game in that looked and animated the way NBA 2K does. Madden just looks horrendous in motion. (Robotic, no player differentiation, wonky animations, sliding, morphing, warping, etc, etc, etc, etc)
I'm not saying that Madden is excused for how bad players look in motion, but 2k's player movement comes at a price. It looks awesome when you're just watching, but those animations cause a lot of loss in control when you're actually playing the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #372
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
I'm not saying that Madden is excused for how bad players look in motion, but 2k's player movement comes at a price. It looks awesome when you're just watching, but those animations cause a lot of loss in control when you're actually playing the game.
I guess it's different for everybody and what they expect to feel while playing because I never have a problem doing what I want to do when playing. There are times when the interactions take control away from you, but for the most part I have no trouble moving around. Guess I'm just accustomed to it. I actually feel less control when I play Madden than when I play NBA 2k.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 10-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #373
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
Common sense consistently takes a back seat when discussing EA Tiburion's priorities with Madden and while varying opinions are respected, they are not all equal. Case in point, Only1LT and I had a difference of opinion about the new "engine" powering next gen EA Sports games before it was officially announced and turns out his opinion was right, mine was wrong. It would be silly and inaccurate at that point for me to continue to claim my opinion is equal to his in light of the facts. I state all that to say, likewise given the fact that Madden is allegedly trying to simulate real football game play and that when given a direct choice between more realistic animations in NBA2k versus max User control of NBA Live the later was eventually cancelled, it's evident which one is the "right" approach.

EA marketing amazes me at how it sells people on the most bizarre concepts and how people well repeat them back as if they make all the sense in the world. Again, seeing as longer animations make for more fluid realistic game play than max User control instantaneous branching animations, but not to a level of lack of control tantamount to watching a laserdisc game like Dragon's Lair or Star Wars play itself, it's common sense which is "right" for creating a simulation sports game. Only in the bizarro world of Madden and EA Tiburon is this even debatable. smh

I mean no disrespect to anyone's opinion and there is nothing wrong or nonsensical about preferring max User control over longer animations. However, personal preference does NOT change the fact that one makes for a more realistic video game than the other and ergo is the "right" choice for a simulation video game.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #374
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Common sense consistently takes a back seat when discussing EA Tiburion's priorities with Madden and while varying opinions are respected, they are not all equal. Case in point, Only1LT and I had a difference of opinion about the new "engine" powering next gen EA Sports games before it was officially announced and turns out his opinion was right, mine was wrong. It would be silly and inaccurate at that point for me to continue to claim my opinion is equal to his in light of the facts. I state all that to say, likewise given the fact that Madden is allegedly trying to simulate real football game play and that when given a direct choice between more realistic animations in NBA2k versus max User control of NBA Live the later was eventually cancelled, it's evident which one is the "right" approach.

EA marketing amazes me at how it sells people on the most bizarre concepts and how people well repeat them back as if they make all the sense in the world. Again, seeing as longer animations make for more fluid realistic game play than max User control instantaneous branching animations, but not to a level of lack of control tantamount to watching a laserdisc game like Dragon's Lair or Star Wars play itself, it's common sense which is "right" for creating a simulation sports game. Only in the bizarro world of Madden and EA Tiburon is this even debatable. smh

I mean no disrespect to anyone's opinion and there is nothing wrong or nonsensical about preferring max User control over longer animations. However, personal preference does NOT change the fact that one makes for a more realistic video game than the other and ergo is the "right" choice for a simulation video game.
I don't think there is a right way to do it. I just think there needs to be a better balance. I liked EA's ideas for NBA Elite 11, but they were not able to implement it well. If they were, it may have very well dethroned 2k. It is very possible to make a game that both looks and controls well, but it would take a great deal of time, money, and talent to do well.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #375
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I guess it's different for everybody and what they expect to feel while playing because I never have a problem doing what I want to do when playing. There are times when the interactions take control away from you, but for the most part I have no trouble moving around. Guess I'm just accustomed to it. I actually feel less control when I play Madden than when I play NBA 2k.
Word I don't get it when people constantly say they feel out of control playing 2k. I guess the way I see it is if you want the game to be realistic there has to be some lack of control at some time or else you end up with things like twitchy turning.

Last edited by royounggoku; 10-05-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »