Home
Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 06:29 AM   #1
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2
I'm disgusted

I'm down 42-35 with 15 seconds left at the 17 yard line of my opponent. I complete a pass down to the 7 yard line and the time keeps ticking (I have no time out) 10 9 8 7...while those seconds are ticking the stupid good for nothing Red Zone efficiency window comes up which screwed up my hurry up offense. By the time I the window disappeared I had 4 seconds to call my play and wouldn't you know I get stopped at the 1 yard line and I got to watch the clock hit 0. Crazy game seeing as I was down 35-14 at half but I should have gotten 2 shots at the end zone but I got jipped real bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #2

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: I'm disgusted

That's on you, no chance you would get off another play regardless of that window popping up.

It's also on you because you should have spiked it rather than attempted a hurry up. That could potentially give you time to try a quick pass with the hope of maybe getting one more play with an incompletion.

But you aren't running two plays in the time frame you described that both stay in bounds.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
Thumbs up Re: I'm disgusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
That's on you, no chance you would get off another play regardless of that window popping up.

It's also on you because you should have spiked it rather than attempted a hurry up. That could potentially give you time to try a quick pass with the hope of maybe getting one more play with an incompletion.

But you aren't running two plays in the time frame you described that both stay in bounds.
Why is the first thing out of your mouth is "its on you"? Its freaking rediculous what happened. Yes, he could have managed his time better. His point was about the window popping up. Thanks from all of us for taking a few jabs at him, I feel so much better about myself.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingrayvfl
Why is the first thing out of your mouth is "its on you"? Its freaking rediculous what happened. Yes, he could have managed his time better. His point was about the window popping up. Thanks from all of us for taking a few jabs at him, I feel so much better about myself.
There, there......easy now...

Yes, the windows are annoying at times and their appearance could be better timed, but I can honestly say they have never "screwed" anything up for me. In my experience, they do not prevent you from snapping the ball once everyone is set, and they disappear as soon as you do.

Last edited by Sturzinator; 10-17-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:13 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
There, there......easy now...

Yes, the windows are annoying at times and their appearance could be better timed, but I can honestly say they have never "screwed" anything up for me. In my experience, they do not prevent you from snapping the ball once everyone is set, and they disappear as soon as you do.
Tru dat. At the worst they block your view of your formation as they're lining up, but it doesn't stop you from pushing triangle (on PS) to get the hurry up.

Spiking it would have been better though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #6
Rookie

I thought the game clock temporarily paused when those screens came up. Like the other guy said, it's annoying and possibly distracting but really shouldn't make a difference.

Maybe I'm mistaken and the clock doesn't actually stop but it certainly doesn't allow more time to run off than would have normally.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #7

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
I'm disgusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingrayvfl
Because it's on him. Not intended as an insult, sorry if you took it the wrong way.

The pop up is annoying, absolutely, but it wasn't the cause of his disgust here.

This is a time to take ownership, not blame something else.

Last edited by kehlis; 10-17-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Well, even though he had trouble here, in Madden, many times you CAN get the play off with that amount of time left. If this happens to me, I don't really complain. I like that he couldn't. It's makes Madden more realistic if you can't.

15 seconds, if time has stopped, and you have incomplete passes, you could get 3 plays or so in real life. But not with the clock running. I'm with ya there.

Look at that, Madden accidentally fell into something that was more realistic and closer to real life.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »