Home

How do you highstep? or showboat?

This is a discussion on How do you highstep? or showboat? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2014, 04:07 PM   #1
Rookie

metalmungar's Arena

OVR: 0
How do you highstep? or showboat?

This has probably been discussed here before but it can't seem to figure out how to highstep into the endzone. I've seen the cpu do 2 diferent animations where the hand is waving crazy in all directions and the same but with the ball in his hand. any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2014, 09:45 AM   #2
Rookie

Mattinglyfan's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: How do you highstep? or showboat?

Hold x on PS3/4 or A on Xbox
Old 01-19-2014, 05:40 PM   #3
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattinglyfan
Hold x on PS3/4 or A on Xbox
It never works for me (On Playstation). When I hold X, he just does a forward stiff arm.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:58 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
It never works for me (On Playstation). When I hold X, he just does a forward stiff arm.
I think you have to take your finger off the turbo button for it to work.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:55 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollaMV7
I think you have to take your finger off the turbo button for it to work.

i have tried multiple times/ways to do it. the ONLY time it worked was when i had a 79 yd break away slant with dez bryant and he was literally 25 yds in front of the closest guy inside the 20 yrd line. i held x(ps3) and all he did was wave as he ran. have not been able to do showboat dives/flips into endzone one time. had a 98 yd screen to lesean mccoy and there was no one with in 20 yds.. dove into the endzone and all he did was just a legit dive as if he was trying to squeeze a one yd qb sneak for a 1st down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2014, 07:50 AM   #6
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjerickson1382
i have tried multiple times/ways to do it. the ONLY time it worked was when i had a 79 yd break away slant with dez bryant and he was literally 25 yds in front of the closest guy inside the 20 yrd line. i held x(ps3) and all he did was wave as he ran. have not been able to do showboat dives/flips into endzone one time. had a 98 yd screen to lesean mccoy and there was no one with in 20 yds.. dove into the endzone and all he did was just a legit dive as if he was trying to squeeze a one yd qb sneak for a 1st down.

The dives I've found to be most effective if jumping into the endzone at an angle towards the sidelines. If timed correctly the player will usually do a tumble dive where he kind of front flips. Occasionally you will get an animation where your player collapses (kind of like he lost his balance and drops into the endzone), and the rarest one where if it's raining/snowing, your player will slide into the endzone.

As far as the highstep/taunting......I'm still not sure it's even possible. Only time I've seen it is when the cpu is in control.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:46 AM   #7
Rookie

Just did my first highstep on Madden 25 against my cousin online. Returned a kick for a TD, nobody close after the 40, got past the 20, released RT and held A, he ran while pointing to the crowd.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:46 PM   #8
Banned

Sounds like letting go of turbo is the key, I've tried it and just got the stiff arm, I was probably holding turbo.

If you hold LT and press Y he will attempt to hurdle like someone went low, I don't know if holding LT and pressing X will make you high dive if there's no one in front of you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »