Home

Old 01-20-2014, 10:28 PM   #1
Rookie

Kidd708's Arena

OVR: 0
RG3 trade

I traded jay cutler my tight end Bennett a first and second round pick for rg3 and 3rd round pick. Did I give away to much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2014, 11:41 PM   #2
Banned

Re: RG3 trade

What year of madden and roster are you talking about?

In Madden 13 RG3 was the best player for franchise mode, I had him as my 2nd pick behind Adrian Peterson and was unstoppable

This year by the time I got the game someone had taken a baseball bat to his ratings, literally crippling him to match his hobble on the field.

He stinks in the ratings of my game, slow and injury prone

Why not get Pryor?
Old 01-22-2014, 07:32 PM   #3
Rookie

Kidd708's Arena

Do you think Pryor is a franchise QB

Old 01-22-2014, 11:10 PM   #4
Banned

I'm about 8 or 9 regular season games into my franchise with him and he's leading the NFL in passing and rushing and just hit superstar development.

But I'm a run first team (Pryor, A Peterson, P Harvin, M Goodwin)
Old 01-22-2014, 11:11 PM   #5
Banned

Also how did you trade Cutler, Bennet, and 2 picks?

I thought you could only include 3 pieces in any trade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2014, 11:58 PM   #6
Just started!

Ribkage's Arena

you didnt give upto to much..if thats the player you csn truly build your franchise around than thats all that matters.. look what ditka gave up to get ricky williams..lol
Old 01-24-2014, 02:15 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd708
I traded jay cutler my tight end Bennett a first and second round pick for rg3 and 3rd round pick. Did I give away to much

I don't know what ratings RG3 has in your game/what year you are in. But tbh I don't think you overpaid. It does kind of depend where your 1./2. round picks lands at.

With that being said, if you truly want to incorporate the threat of a dual QB, RG3 should just about be one of the best. Price then? Developing QBs is rather easy and fast when it comes to accuracy. It is pricey when it comes to the physichal attributes. So Cutler, tbh, is not worth much in my opinion. If anything his value may rise a bit if he has high deep throw/throw power.

1/2 round picks depends greatly on your draft position, and whether you play in online franchise. AI drafts stupidly and allows you to get some great players, even if you pick as one of the last. Obviously it also depends a lot on the available players in that particular draft (if there is no talent at the position you need, you have no need for the picks). Lastly, developing players is somewhat easy too, now with the 2000 xp per training/cheap price for attributes lower than 80-85. So if you know what you are doing, the draft can become quite obsolete, considering your whole bench with 1 year worth of practice XP will most likely be better than what you draft.

About Bennett -- as far as I recall, he is not particular fast (below 80 physical ratings?), and only catches the ball moderately well (below 80 ratings as well?). Not really much lost there either, should be able to get a comparable player at least in FA or draft

^ with all this being said. I recall 1 thing you should be aware of, and that is RG3s injury rating. I believe it is sub-80, so you better make sure not to take a lot of hits when running. Simming games is also dangerous. Have had quite a bit of injury problems with receivers with simlilar injury ratings (Harvin, Rice, Sanders)
Old 01-25-2014, 10:39 AM   #8
Rookie

Kidd708's Arena

Thanks that was a great post

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »