Home

forcing interceptions

This is a discussion on forcing interceptions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-19-2014, 08:26 PM   #1
Rookie

soccerjoe69's Arena

OVR: 0
forcing interceptions

what type of plays are best for forcing the interception against the cpu?

I am having difficulties because one of two things will happen. 1) No blitz, and the qb sits for hours until a wr breaks open. 2) I send a blitz or one of my lineman gets to the quarterback, and he always takes the sack instead of risking the throw.

Is there a setting to have the cpu throw riskier balls when pressured from blitzes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2014, 09:39 PM   #2
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: forcing interceptions

This is a simple question with a lot of complicated answers. First off, I would visit the sliders forum and find some sliders that I liked. This may help increase DLine pressure as well as the catching ability of your defenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA
Old 02-19-2014, 11:22 PM   #3
Banned

Re: forcing interceptions

QBs have different traits like "force throw", "throw it away" and "tuck and run".

Sometimes you'll play a QB who is set as throw it away and doesn't force throws and they'll just throw it out of bounds when no one is open.

When teams aren't throwing at Patrick Peterson I call 2 man under, take the SS and switch him from coverage to blitz, the FS stays in zone on the opposite side.

The QB sees no safety on the right side of the field and will often throw it up to their #1 to get picked off.

A lot of interceptions come when I accidently miss a sack when manually blitzing or pass rushing. You can force throws by collapsing the interior with a strong DT.

Vary your looks pre snap to confuse the QB's read.

Sometimes when playing coverage show blitz pre snap and bail to press or whatever at the last second.

When you're blitzing, take a MLB and move him around behind the DL rapidly pre snap to confuse the blocking alignments and then try to find the opening.

If you really want to get some interceptions at the expense of sacks take defenders who are going towards the QB and dive at them or their feet or infront/behind/beside them and they will chuck it up.

edit: I usually play press coverage but am playing off because the receivers in the game im playing right now have good release and strength and already have 2 picks. I press the slot guy who sucks and the qb throws it up. My DBs have a easier time because theyre not recovering from being beat in press when the qb throws it

Last edited by JulioTheBeast; 02-20-2014 at 12:33 AM.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:12 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 2

Those are some great tips. Thanks, I've been looking to try to increase my INTs against the computer especially for my linebackers and so those tips are handy.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:50 PM   #5
Just started!

4-6 did just that for me, line up in 4-6 bear under, cover 3, it fakes the blitz with 4 to 6 d line and linebackers up depending if its a running or throw formation making the player want to throw over, user with the FS in the middle of cover 3, and make plays. more and more efficient as you get into your redzone, but you HAVE to limit the run, Esp Outside or misdirections
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2014, 05:46 PM   #6
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Short and simple answer? A combination of sldiers, your roster, your opponent and your play calling.

Using custom All-madden settings adn my 49ers, I intecepted Peyton Manning 4 times in the Super Bowl. 3 came off the same play concept out of various formations/looks - Cover 6.

there is no perfect play, but this as close to one I have found in both real football and Madden. You have 4 pass rushers going after the QB adn they still need to do tiher job or you will get exposed after a while. That's just football. However, here is what you want to do: Call a COVER 6 with the Cover 2 half of the play [flat zone] facing the narrow part of the field, but don't be afraid to flip the play. Make sure that the Cover 4 half of the play is on the strong side of the offensive formation if posible. if it is a balanced formation, that is why you want the flats side on the narrow hash marks. otherwise, you want the purple buzz zone on the strong side.

Okay, now that you have done that simple step, tell the flat zone CB to drop into a hook zone. With practice, you should be able to quickly identify the strong side of the formation, flip the paly if nessessary, and make the hook zone audible rather quickly. Next, you want to bring up the coverage audible and pres the right thumb stick in the direction of the hook zone; away from the buzz zone. This will change the play into a true Cover 3 cloud, as oppsoed to the terrible ones in the game.

The hook zone CB will be ableto take away and deep come backs, curls and deep outs, which are often backside route cominations and are money against normal cover 3 looks. The safety over the top will help defend against and deeper breaking routes. Similarly, on the other side, your slot CB or OLB in a buzz zone will help take away the same routes on his side. I will choose to user control the middle of the three hook zone defenders. I am looking to stop two similar routes. Either the deep post over the middle, or the deep corner by the TE. the computer doesn't know that corner routes are "money" and that the AI just gives up on covering them. So, as long as you can take it away, the AI won't forcé it in most cases. Hold strafe to back peddle. If the TE goes for the corner, then let go of strafe and run for it! If the TE doesn't threaten you with the post, then get ready to protect against the deep in and post over the middle. Remember, you have help over the top here, so it's okay to undercut the route.

Even All-Madden Peyton Manning has trouble with this coverage. it's two weaknesses are only seending a 4 man rush which can get clogged up and slowed down... and short check down routes. This is why I save this play for 3rd adn 7+, or play the crossers aggressively.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »