Home

Crazy number of turnovers, and an insane number of 4th quarter points

This is a discussion on Crazy number of turnovers, and an insane number of 4th quarter points within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2014, 12:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Crazy number of turnovers, and an insane number of 4th quarter points

I just played through a preseason game with the Bears, and one thing I need to work on is my passing.

7 Interceptions, and 1 forced fumble for the Bears. The Panthers, meanwhile, threw 4 INT and had 3 forced fumbles. So that means I'll be adjusting the INT sliders to keep it from being that crazy again.

And then we have the 22 points that I scored in the 4th quarter, when I only scored 7 points in the other three quarters, making it a 36-29 loss, rather than a 36-14 blowout.

I'm seriously thinking of scaling back to Madden 13, since that had an actual coach mode. Then again, I only used these sliders in one game, and they may be better after a bit of tweaking. I can't do anything about scoring almost all my points in the 4th quarter, when it's already too late (had the same problem in 13).

So yeah, work on my passing, and move away from the run first offense that doesn't seem to work nearly as well as it did on the Gamecube and PS2. And adjust the INT sliders some.

By the way, anyone know a good strategy for onside kicks? I tried it three times and recovered zero.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2014, 05:56 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Crazy number of turnovers, and an insane number of 4th quarter points

You'd have a far better chance of causing a fumble by kicking it off normally, and then zigzagging a fast defender with Big Hitter and high Hit Power to hit the return man, compared to trying to recover an onside kick in this game.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:50 PM   #3
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

are u playing on all-madden or all -pro? custom sliders? 15 to's in 1 game is a lot esp for 15 minute quarters.

I have games where maybe 4-5 to's in a game and also have high scoring quarters funny thing is it seems my high scoring quarters are 2nd and 4th quarter... 1st and 3rd im lucky if I score a td but those 2 other quarters it seems once a cmp makes a mistake and it pours on them from there.

far as throwing to many ints go into practice mode and get your timing down and don't always focus on one wr spread it around check down to the rb, fb te... don't always try forcing the pass.

my last season I just played I threw 9 int's the whole season worst game I threw 3.

u might want to drop the int slider down some I did for both me and the cmp I believe I have the cmp's at 30 and mine is 20 or 25 I think I got like 18 ints by my defense last yr so u will still get them and so does the cmp.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:06 PM   #4
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

I've always had games where the 4th quarter just turns into a shootout.

The game could be tied 10-10 going into the forth and end up 32-28.

It happened a fair amount of times whenever I played Madden.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 06-30-2014, 05:11 PM   #5
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
I've always had games where the 4th quarter just turns into a shootout.

The game could be tied 10-10 going into the forth and end up 32-28.

lmao I just had a game like that in my cfm it was tied 10-10 going into the 4th then the cmp went crazy threw 3 ints in 4th I won 38-24 I think the games rigged in 4th because like u said u can have a low scoring game get to the 4th and all sudden its who ever has ball last wins in a shoot out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2014, 04:10 AM   #6
Just started!

Old 07-05-2014, 04:52 PM   #7
Rookie

unfortunetly I'd say this is pretty common. Hopefully this year, things will get better with improved D and the abiltiy to throw the ball in the dirt. We'll see.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:23 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
are u playing on all-madden or all -pro? custom sliders? 15 to's in 1 game is a lot esp for 15 minute quarters.
OhMrHanky's sliders, 12 minute quarters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »