Home

Last-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Last-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2014, 06:58 AM   #145
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Past-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3)

I'm using the Browns and I'm near the bottom of both passing and defense lol. I have never been a good passer. I tend to panic and stare down my primary receivers. Threw 5 INTS in my last loss.

Overall the game is fun. Inside running and automatic conversion on 3rd and 1 is still annoying but it's pretty much the same for both sides. I wish QB logic showed more separation between smart and dumb ones. Still, the best Madden for me on the PS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 09:30 AM   #146
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

I haven't seen this many freezes since Fallout 3. This game is more frigid than my ex.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:49 AM   #147
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

So I tried the 'delete-the-game-data-file-before-you-start-the-game' fix last night and I was able to play a game and exit normally w/o a freeze.

1. This was only one game.

2. I'm not sure what the contents of that file are and what the side effects may be.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:40 AM   #148
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaito
So I tried the 'delete-the-game-data-file-before-you-start-the-game' fix last night and I was able to play a game and exit normally w/o a freeze.

1. This was only one game.

2. I'm not sure what the contents of that file are and what the side effects may be.
Game data is game updates , basically patches that most of the games receive to fix something/make something better . So basically if you deleted game data and didnt redownload it you are playing without patches , if you did redownload it and freezing issue will be fixed for you it means that its just some sort of weird PS3 glitch or something . There are no side affects either way . (apart from playing without patches if you didnt redownload them)
Old 09-11-2014, 12:25 PM   #149
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

The PS3 file is 386 MB. I'm not going to bother deleting and redownloading every time as it would take too long with my 5 MB speed. I just won't take any video highlights and pray that's a solution. Have finished 3 franchise games in a row now and no freezes doing that.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:36 PM   #150
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks lisinas. I didn't realize there already was a patch out for M15. Hopefully the next one will fix the freezing and that will be the end of it.

rudyjuly - FWIW I never did anything with replays when I had my freezing issue and based on the level of chatter regarding this replays may not be related.

In any case good luck.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:59 PM   #151
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The PS3 file is 386 MB. I'm not going to bother deleting and redownloading every time as it would take too long with my 5 MB speed. I just won't take any video highlights and pray that's a solution. Have finished 3 franchise games in a row now and no freezes doing that.
You dont need to redownload it every time , only once after you deleted it .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 01:02 PM   #152
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisinas
You dont need to redownload it every time , only once after you deleted it .
I didn't realize that. I thought I would have to redownload before every game. I will do it once tonight and hope I don't see freezes any more.

As for a patch I think we had a day one update but the first big patch usually happens in October sometime. It would be nice to get one for the PS3 as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »