Home

Question for everyone

This is a discussion on Question for everyone within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2014, 04:40 PM   #1
Rookie

psu#1's Arena

OVR: 0
Question for everyone

I purchased madden 15....haven't opened it yet...ready not liking that you can't import the real college players I really liked that aspect of madden. My question is this, is 15 worth having if you can't import the real college players...i have madden 25 and have clowney and Manziel and all the rest where they need to be...so someone tell me why I should start a new franchise with 15 instead of just keeping with madden 25 and importing Winston class on my next draft and eventually the hackenburg class. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 05:29 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Question for everyone

I really like it yes and I used to be in your boat. I would get mad that college players imported in, their rating would get skewed because they could never do the import right.

Madden franchise has this thing where you can scout the generated players all year and they have story lines about whatsome of those players are doing in college every week, it's kind of cool. So it's not the actual players, but it does give you a chance to get a little more familiar with who some of the better ones are and what not thatare generated.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:25 PM   #3
Rookie

psu#1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
I really like it yes and I used to be in your boat. I would get mad that college players imported in, their rating would get skewed because they could never do the import right.

Madden franchise has this thing where you can scout the generated players all year and they have story lines about whatsome of those players are doing in college every week, it's kind of cool. So it's not the actual players, but it does give you a chance to get a little more familiar with who some of the better ones are and what not thatare generated.
so you feel Madden 15 is a good enough game even though you can't import the real college players
Old 09-06-2014, 08:14 PM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

The draft classes that ea made are the best they've ever done this year. All the stats make sense now.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:19 PM   #5
Rookie

psu#1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
The draft classes that ea made are the best they've ever done this year. All the stats make sense now.
I guess my hold up is not having the real college players in the game...winston...yeldon....Braxton miller
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 08:38 PM   #6
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

It seems like the people that haven't made the leap to a new system all have different reasons as to why they play a version of Madden,mainly 12,25 or 15.

Madden 12 is probably the slightly lesser gameplay out of the 3 but gives you the most franchise freedom with editing along with NCAA12 and the ability to get draft classes accurate through that or the editor that was created that works better with the old franchise modes.Graphics haven't really improved since.

Madden 25 improved gameplay some and gives you most of the control that 13 took away.Importing draft classes is certainly a plus but there is some annoying things like all the qbs over 30 retiring early and many unretiring often and all that nonsense and what a/person thinks of the XP.

Madden 15 seems like a somewhat improved 25.Not sure what annoyances remain yet but likely most carry over for many years before EA might get around to them.Obviously,as you know the lack of importing draft classes is big to some people.I would say you'll get different opinions based on how important this is compared to a/slightly more polished but very similar version.

I personally still play 12 but have debated on whether I should give 25 a shot for around $20 well knowing that I'll get annoyed at a few of the things that have been well documented here but yet 15 seems as though it may not be worth $60,especially after a couple of weeks pass and you find that it feels like the Jekyll and Hyde we've come to expect out of each madden version.

Last edited by gr18; 09-06-2014 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:52 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 19

if you have 25 you dont need 15 at all. just import the draft classes.

there a some nice new little things,
I purchased 15 and its easy for me to turn the game off.

I have 25 working just the way I like it, with sliders and rosters, so Ill just continue on with that.

and I still play 12.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:55 PM   #8
Rookie

psu#1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
if you have 25 you dont need 15 at all. just import the draft classes.

there a some nice new little things,
I purchased 15 and its easy for me to turn the game off.

I have 25 working just the way I like it, with sliders and rosters, so Ill just continue on with that.

and I still play 12.
Went to game stop got a used 15 version, not seeing anything to make me want to keep it....especially because you can't import draft classes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »