Home

MADDEN? Where are you

This is a discussion on MADDEN? Where are you within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2004, 12:04 PM   #9
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: MADDEN? Where are you

I think to early and that they have to promote NCAA 2005.
I don't remember ever Madden hands on previews in June other then left over from E3...
Old 06-22-2004, 12:08 PM   #10
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Sadly, EA doesn't have to do anything. The could get a 5 second spot. Don't need celebrities, music, or gameplay footage. Just a Black screen that says Madden 2006, the EA Logo, and the release date. That alone would sell the game.
Old 06-22-2004, 12:14 PM   #11
Pro

Catman24's Arena

OVR: 5

I dont think this is a scared tactic on EA part. Yes they do have their loyal fan base. And yes am one of their biggest fans. And yes it would be nice to see more info on Madden. But for me it really doesn't matter. Another thing is, if there is some fear from EA (if you can believe that), maybe its because we tend to give our opionions about these sports games (nagative or positive) before the game is even played by the public. If I get more info on Madden good and if I dont thats find too. Who wouldn't like a good surprise every now and than. The key phrase is GOOD SURPRISE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2004, 01:45 PM   #12
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9

I remember when I didnt know exact release dates and had never seen a "screenshot" or a "vid" before I went to the store and bought the game.

*sigh
the good ole days!
Old 06-22-2004, 02:16 PM   #13
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Too much info can be a gift and a curse. lol
Old 06-22-2004, 02:19 PM   #14
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

I would say that the videos/screenshots/interviews are on pace, in terms of amount, as last year...and Strausser pretty much says the same crap as last year. Things will really start to heat up when someone gets a beta. This ESPN vs. Madden thing is getting out of hand. What's wrong with a person buying the one THEY like? I prefer one over the other, but you can be sure I will check out both.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:19 PM   #15
OS Member #242

gopadres's Arena

OVR: 22

That's for sure...look what happened with MVP this year. I bet that if it weren't for the saturation coverage, a lot of things would have been overlooked or dismissed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2004, 02:45 PM   #16
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Enough about how everyone will buy Madden anyway. Although you are probably somewhat right there is one other reason people are buying Madden no matter what...NCAA Football. In my opinion (for what its worth), and the reason I'm buying Madden no matter what, is because the import draft class feature is the single greatest feature to happen to football video games since franchise mode. If ESPN would simply create a college game with the NFL engine I'd most likely be playing ESPN. I'm not a Madden fanboy but I AM DEFINATELY a nut about importing draft classes, its like a sports role playing game.

Oh, and just for the record, I'm not trying to start anything so no one should feel the need to defend themselves (or their game) for that matter. I'll be buying ESPN this year as well with the price drop and all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »