Home

The best A.I. ever in a sports game

This is a discussion on The best A.I. ever in a sports game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 05:35 PM   #33
MVP

MartinDihigo's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The best A.I. ever in a sports game

so i read this thread but i couldn't find how they drastically improved the AI. ? 2004 for xbox was kind of bad AI i actually liked the espn game better(if that game had better tackling on the running backs it would have been classic). The Madden 2004 AI did slightly improve on making it a little harder to toss bombs and run with the qb all day , but not much.
Ai is one of the most important aspects and thats why i wonder what they drastically improved to become the best ai in a sports game ever ? Strictly speaking ai Madden wasn't the best football ai last season (2004). All time sports AI would maybe go to insideDrive2004 - a basketball game with an ai slider set for each individual player.

I've always seen Madden's strength as a party game that most of my friends can pick up and play a decent game on the intermediate levels. The A.I. has always been one of the weaker parts of madden (ie. defenders that used to not react until you cross the scrimmage or DBs that used to not play the ball)
If they had tremendous improvement on what was one of their weaker parts in the past and have turned it into the best a.i. of a sports video game ever, then i can't wait untill it hits the video store to get a fair trial from me and the boys.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:02 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 12

a lot of you are missing the point.. You are judging the greatest sports AI ever line with Madden 2004 in mind!! IGN made it clear they were refering to Madden 2005.. Since we haven't played 05 who are we to say they are wrong? Play the game then agree/disagree..
Old 06-23-2004, 06:08 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

MartinDihigo said:
so i read this thread but i couldn't find how they drastically improved the AI. ? 2004 for xbox was kind of bad AI i actually liked the espn game better(if that game had better tackling on the running backs it would have been classic). The Madden 2004 AI did slightly improve on making it a little harder to toss bombs and run with the qb all day , but not much.
Ai is one of the most important aspects and thats why i wonder what they drastically improved to become the best ai in a sports game ever ? Strictly speaking ai Madden wasn't the best football ai last season (2004). All time sports AI would maybe go to insideDrive2004 - a basketball game with an ai slider set for each individual player.

I've always seen Madden's strength as a party game that most of my friends can pick up and play a decent game on the intermediate levels. The A.I. has always been one of the weaker parts of madden (ie. defenders that used to not react until you cross the scrimmage or DBs that used to not play the ball)
If they had tremendous improvement on what was one of their weaker parts in the past and have turned it into the best a.i. of a sports video game ever, then i can't wait untill it hits the video store to get a fair trial from me and the boys.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2004, 06:47 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:

bigboy9540 said:
Quote:

booker21 said:

We should be happy, we are the winners of good competition!! thanks ESPN and Madden

ummm there is no competition these are too entirely different types of games
madden = real football sim ....... espn = arcade style football

Umm your opinions are a joke - Its people like you that make these forums stink dude. Both games will be good even though i personally favor ESPN bigtime but i wont stoop as low as you and throw in a stupid cheap shot that dont make sense. ESPN is not arcade dude...get a grip
Old 06-23-2004, 06:51 PM   #37
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

i dont know what to make of this statement so far. i hope that madden fixed the AI and we have twi better games than last year.

but if this statement came from the reviewers at OS, i would not doubt at all. however, IGN misses so much with their reviews, (see ESPN NHL 2K4), and only plays a game a few hours and then makes grandiose statements.

i take what they say about every game with a grain of salt. the problem is they are frequently one of the only ones with any info at all.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:07 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

speaking of bad Db AI this years ESPN DB AI was the worst I have ever seen.Plenty of times they would just sit there in the flats(when I had them in zone)and would not jump the route for nothing and lets not even get into the deep ball AI.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:10 PM   #39
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

LBzrule said:
EA could have been hard at work. All I know is that defense stuff is drawing me in.

Old 06-23-2004, 07:28 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 15

let's see some vids to back this best ai statement up.........
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »