Home

What does moving the right stick do when running the ball?

This is a discussion on What does moving the right stick do when running the ball? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2004, 12:52 AM   #9
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: What does moving the right stick do when running the ball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
Thanks for the replies and help.

Yea, I agree. I don't ever think to use Playmaker when running the ball, and it might be neat to be able to juke with the right stick.

I hope the 1-button juke and 1-button stiff arm works well this year on XBox. I'll admit I have trouble hitting the white and black buttons in stride, and it would be neat if this new method of juking and stiff arming works well.

I've had PS2 for years and am used to the four shoulder buttons, but on XBox, this could be the next best thing; if it works out well.

Thanks again.

why..I don't even think the right stick works all that great in ESPN.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-09-2004, 01:55 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I was thinking more along the lines of you push the right stick left and then hit the juke button to juke left, since a both juke directions are assigned to one button.

But maybe that would be too many buttons to push for some players.

It's just an idea. I just hope in Madden players juke and stiff arm the right way, seeing that the moves are assigned to one button, and not two, on XBox.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:14 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 11

right stick works pretty good when you use Minor. It seems to go into extra animations which prevents you from being tackled. Played a friend last night and Minor's whole body actually went right through Morgan...50 td run to follow. We watched the replay a few times and were hysterical!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2004, 09:55 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

I use playmaker when running, especially on sweeps and when i've broken into the second level of defenders....it is the difference between a 6 yard gain, and a TD........

LOVIN IT!!
Old 08-09-2004, 10:39 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Playmaker was probably underused for me ... wasn't that big of a deal for some reason.

The Prince of the 910 has taken his throne...
Old 08-09-2004, 01:54 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
See, I thought the same thing. But, I wanted to try it out so I went into practice mode for awhile and learned how to use it. Now I am juking people out of their shoes. Maybe I run left and see a hole I cant hit. I hit the stick, doing a "shake" not really a juke (L2 R2 are really jukes, the stick does more of a Barry Sanders shake...but I find it wayyy for effective than the real jukes), and get right into the hole. The guy that was chasing me at an angle falls flat on his face. I am making my way through the hole when I see a defender coming at me from the right. Boom, click the stick down then up. I stutter and watch him go by and start up again.

Stuff like this is somewhat regular for me in ESPN now.

Now, I do not like the tapping, or the charge up stuff though. It is a pain in the *** to use. I also dont like the unresponsive L2 R2 jukes. But the juke stick, for me, rocks. The running overall feels robotic, but I like the stick and the push off animations.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:15 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

The stiff arm move in ESPN is crucial! I think I ran down the sidelines with Julius Jones and mushed about 3 or 4 guys to the ground in route to a 45 yard TD. (A bit unrealistic for Jones, but hey - taking what I can get...)

The Prince of the 910 has taken his throne...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »