Home

EA could come up with a better way...

This is a discussion on EA could come up with a better way... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2004, 11:40 PM   #1
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
EA could come up with a better way...

... to impliment comback AI.

I'm not 100% against it, although I dont like it, but c'mon.

In the 3rd and fourth quarters I fumbled 4 times. In my 7 games before, I fumbled like 3 total times... if that.

Instead, Rod Smart muffs a punt and fumbles a return, Ran Carthon fumbles on the goal line, and Mike Alstott loses one at mid field.

It just seems like a cheap way to me. Have the computer play better before u start jipping me, EA... geeze.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2004, 12:19 AM   #2
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: EA could come up with a better way...

1: Fair Catch
2: Ron Who?
3: Typical Alstott
Old 08-19-2004, 04:45 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

I wouldn't be so sure that your mishaps was comeback A.I. or not.

"Reality is the unexpected"

Old 08-19-2004, 06:24 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm trying to get a feel for the game on allpro. Decided to play a lower rated Charger team. 1st quarter i muff a punt which the cpu runs in for a TD. I wonder what the cpu is up to. Then 3rd quarter the cpu muffs a punt as well and i return it for a TD. Felt a little better after that. Cant't say i've ever had a problem with any comeback AI anyway. More often than not the cpu folds.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:28 AM   #5
McCarroll21

OVR:

I've never had a problem with the Comeback AI either. Sometimes I notice I get away from my gameplan I had been using and they score a late touchdown or two before I correct it, I guess it's the "go for the kill" mentality we all have. When you are winning big you want to win bigger...so you go away from the run and start passing deep, and stop worrying about coverage and start blitzing...and you get burned. I notice that if I keep doing the same things I had been I play a better 4th quarter.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2004, 10:02 AM   #6
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

I stuck to my gameplan all game; I realized I couldn't pass at all against Champ Bailey and Charles Woodson, so I ran. My defense seems to always play well tho. They got one deep one on me late and that was 100% my fault being that I controlled the safety and let Reggie Williams get by me.

Quote:
1: Fair Catch
2: Ron Who?
3: Typical Alstott
1. There was no one near me... a fair catch would have been a horrible move.
2. Ran Carthon. He played for Florida last year and was undrafted. I got him as a FA.
3. Maybe that's true, but he hadn't fumbled all year with me.

I'm not saying I dont like the game. I think that this is my favorite football game ever behind NCAA2004. I just think EA needs to think about stuff before they put it in. There's better ways to do things.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:11 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

It is only one time, relax. If it happens again then okay, but it only happened once. There have been stranger things in the NFL.

Old 08-19-2004, 10:12 AM   #8
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
... to impliment comback AI.

I'm not 100% against it, although I dont like it, but c'mon.

In the 3rd and fourth quarters I fumbled 4 times. In my 7 games before, I fumbled like 3 total times... if that.

Instead, Rod Smart muffs a punt and fumbles a return, Ran Carthon fumbles on the goal line, and Mike Alstott loses one at mid field.

It just seems like a cheap way to me. Have the computer play better before u start jipping me, EA... geeze.

Smells like typical EA BS to me. Thats why I cant play the game. I honestly think I'll enjoy Madden if the comeback logic was'nt in the game. But stuff like that happened to me too many times in the last 3 years of playing Madden.

I dont know if I'm the only one, but I can usually predict when it happens. No lie.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »