Home

OS & BFJ Breakdown of the 2K10 Slider Theory...

This is a discussion on OS & BFJ Breakdown of the 2K10 Slider Theory... within the MLB 2K Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #81
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: OS & BFJ Breakdown of the 2K10 Slider Theory...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmogs10
Joe remember the funny days of sliders when depending on where you started there were set "greyed out" sliders, lol that was annoying
Oh those were the days...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2010, 03:01 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have played three games with the sliders. My only tweak is upping power (otherwise it's nearly impossible to get realistic HR production with classic swing). I pitch TC, though.

Fielding is MUCH better at 0. Pitching is just too easy. Maybe it's the fact that I've played with Buehrle/Peavy/Danks against the Indians. I gave up 4 runs in three games, the last one being a CG shutout with Danks. I hope the next series is a little more realistic.

In a three game series, I gave up one homer and hit one. I'll give updates as to how it progresses.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:09 AM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 0

Last one tonight. I was bemoaning the lack of hitting from the computer. Well, against my 4th starter, the Twins scored 4 early runs, two off of homers. I have the contact at 45 and power at 65.

I saw a pretty good mixture of hitting on my side. Balls in the gap, down the foul poul into the corner, and others. I hit two homers.

Fielding glitch....Thome hits a ball to the wall that should end the game, as Quentin is in range to catch it. A weird animation takes over, and the ball hits Quentin. No error charged, though the run scored to tie it.

The CPU changed pitchers in the fifth inning after giving up 5. This game came down to bullpens. An 8-7 win is good to see after the low scoring totals in the first three.

These sliders may be VERY playable.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:15 AM   #84
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

CPU Power at 100 (Contact 50)

I decided to experiment with this to see if I could start getting harder hit balls and extra base hits from the CPU.

First off you may think this results in a HR fest from the CPU. In 3 games against the White Sox, Cardinals, and Yankees, I surrendered only 3 HR. One to Konerko, one to Kotsay, and a bomb to A-Rod on a mistake pitch that hasn't landed yet.

After 3 games I won't say that there has been a huge change, but there is a noticeable difference in how fast the ball comes off the CPU bats. This has resulted in multiple hard hit line drive base hits, hard ground balls, and more importantly line drives into the gaps and down the lines.

Maybe someone else can try this and post some results.

Additionally, while I have noticed the CPU fatigue resetting, it's not affecting pitching changes. In my game against the Yankees, I had Burnett up over 90 pitches into the 7th when he gave up a HR to Jason Kubel. At this point his stamina says 97. He was replaced by Marte, who came in and threw 7 straight balls. He worked out of the inning. A new pitcher was brought on in the 8th and then Rivera was brought in with 2 down in the 8th to get a 4 out save.

In the White Sox game I faced Gavin Floyd. They led my Cubs 4-0 into the 7th when his stamina reset to 99 even though he was approaching 100 pitches. The Sox ending up using 3 more pitchers and Jenks came on to get the save.

Where I do notice the problem is in My Player mode where I routinely see starters with 140+ pitch counts.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 4

I agree with what therizing said. it seems to only affect the My Player mode when the fatigue resets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2010, 12:26 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
CPU Power at 100 (Contact 50)

I decided to experiment with this to see if I could start getting harder hit balls and extra base hits from the CPU.

First off you may think this results in a HR fest from the CPU. In 3 games against the White Sox, Cardinals, and Yankees, I surrendered only 3 HR. One to Konerko, one to Kotsay, and a bomb to A-Rod on a mistake pitch that hasn't landed yet.

After 3 games I won't say that there has been a huge change, but there is a noticeable difference in how fast the ball comes off the CPU bats. This has resulted in multiple hard hit line drive base hits, hard ground balls, and more importantly line drives into the gaps and down the lines.

Maybe someone else can try this and post some results.

I have been experimenting with something much more drastic. CPU contact 75
CPU power 90

First game, opening day, Chris Carpenter vs. Edinson Volquez.

I was the Cardinals. Pujols launched a letter high fastball from Volquez in the top of the third. In the fifth, Jay Bruce responded with a 2 run homer to take the lead off Carpenter. I left Carp in until one out in the eighth (he allowed 8 hits and an intentional walk) and brought in the pen. No more hits for the 8th, and I went to the bottom of the ninth trying to close out a 2-1 victory.

Everything above was awesome. I thought I had potentially found the perfect sliders. Then, I brought in Ryan Franklin and he quickly gave up the leadoff tying home run and the game winning home run, both BOMBs to left center. Both were good location pitches.
------

That all said, I see too many CPU base hits with these (my tweaked version, sorry) sliders, and too many extra base hits. I'm seeing around 12 CPU hits per game, and 2-3 homers per game. I'd like to lower that, slighlty.

.........But the problem: I'm only allowing 2-3 runs per game! I'm trying to get the 8-10 hits per game from the CPU and have them score runs, which means I need them to string together hits and not scatter them.

The real culprit is an issue that I can't fix: it's too easy to hit your spots, and I rarely walk any batters. 2 or 3 walks per game would fix this, but there is no control slider for pitching.

Thus, the issue I'm experimenting with now has high contact, higher power for the CPU. I'm trying to make it where I fear pitching in the zone with some of the bigger hitters, causing more balls thrown and more walks.

Last edited by nld230; 03-07-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:36 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Alright OS it's that time of the year again. As always I will need the help of the OS Community to hopefully create a set of sliders that everyone can enjoy.

Couple of things. As always 2k sports has once again forced "CUSTOM" Sliders on everyone. Meaning as soon as you move 1 slider they become "CUSTOM" I have hated this for many years.

WHY, because 2k insist no matter where you adjust the sliders are a CUSTOM Set. Not Rookie/Pro/All-Star/Legend CUSTOM. But just CUSTOM.

I'm from a different thought. I believe you create a set starting @ CUSTOM then they are CUSTOM. If you adjust from LEGEND, then they are CUSTOM LEGEND.

This year I will be creating from the PRO Setting. My theory on PRO is it's the setting that allows the player to play to their rating. I have suspected this for many years & this year in the NBA 2K Slider Section PRO seemed to be the setting many sliders ere created from.

Right now this is what I have created. Remember that this is a BASE & will be changed as we go along..

OS & BFJ PRO REALISM SLIDERS

My Camera Settings are:

Batter 2: ZOOM 5/HEIGHT 7
Pitcher 3: ZOOM 1/ POSITION 5/HEIGHT 4/SIDE-RIGHT

Pitcher Fatigue is NOW set to 65. [I also have Inside Edge K-ZONE & Catcher Suggestion ON]

BATTING: (HUM/CPU)

Power: 35/65
Bunt Contact: 50/50
Bunt Success: 50/50

PITCHING: (HUM)

Pitch Meter Speed: 100
Pitch Speed: 65-75
Pitch Break Influence: 50
Pitcher Composure Influence: 40

PITCHING: (CPU)

Pitch Success: 40
Strike Zone Tendency: 40
Pitcher Composure Influence: 65

FIELDING: (HUM/CPU)

Throw Meter Influence: 0
Fielder Speed: 25

RUNNING: (HUM)

Base Runner Speed: 40
Pickoff Success: 40
Catcher Throw-Out Success: 60

RUNNING: (CPU)

Hit 'N Run Tendency: 80
Sac Bunt Tendency: 65
Squeeze Bunt Tendency: 30
Base Running Aggression: 75
Steal Aggression: 65
Steal Success: 50

Have @ it everyone...
Did you notice a big jump in walks with these sliders? With pitch success and strike zone tendency at 40 I was getting at least 6 walks per team each game (over a 4 game stretch). I have since upped each of them to 45 and will see if that helps. Great sliders otherwise! Thanks for all the great work! I am playing "My Player" by the way.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:50 PM   #88
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Interesting thoughts on the cpu power. I may give it a test today myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders »