Home

Fielder Speed Should Be At 50 Or Higher

This is a discussion on Fielder Speed Should Be At 50 Or Higher within the MLB 2K Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #9
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Fielder Speed Should Be At 50 Or Higher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel Pie
The one slider in this game that I think is being miscalculated is outfielder/infielder speed. I was having an awful time reducing hits on both sides without increasing strikeouts, and I am now convinced that the 25 fielder speed is the culprit.

Seriously, try moving your fielder speeds to the 50 range and you will see the game improve dramatically. Good fielders will now have a chance at groundballs up the middle and in the hole; you will have way more diving opportunities in the outfield, and the game just plays so much better.
I will defnitely give this a shot when I get home. Totally see what your saying. What is your throw speed for the infield and outfield?

Currently I have infield throw speed at 30, and outfield at 60.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:05 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Throw speed is 70 for OF, and 45 for IF.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:41 PM   #11
Banned

bulls23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Bulls23... I would agree with you to a certain degree. But here's the problem: there is a TERRIBLE throwing hitch when outfielders gather a ball and then make a throw. If you slow the OF's way down, you'll get killed because it takes them too long to throw a ball in. It would be nice if they could patch this, but I seriously doubt it. The OF speed has to be compensated for this... You can raise the speed of their throws, but having tried this the game then looks really stupid and played at warp speed...

Always something with 2K...
Mk, yes I know the hitch you describe, but notice that if you circle the fielder behind the ball it cuts the hitch way down. I have throw speeds at 60 and not having a problem. I've even thrown out a runner at the plate and at 2nd base. Of course I have run speed at 35 also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2011, 10:20 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 6

Pre loading outfield throws seems to help this hitch. 30 speed has worked fine for me. I haven't tried 50 though.

At that high of a speed hits down the lines that should be doubles get cut into singles. That always bothered me. If you shoot a ball right over the bag you should get a double on it and you do in this years game but those were always singles in previous years game.
NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 04-14-2011, 10:55 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

There's no "one size fits all" approach on this. Something that must also be accounted for is the other sliders. I have my personal sliders set where CPU batting power is at 90. They hit the ball HARD, and I have to speed up my outfielders to compensate for this.

When I lowered the cpu batting power I NEVER felt threatened by the cpu offensively.

My point is this: this thread brings up a number of great thoughts, but other sliders bring other variables into play. The higher the power, the more balls are hit down the line and in the gaps. If you slow your outfielders down it will be a doubles and triples parade all game...not real and no fun.

Also, I have my personal fielding sliders set where fielding is a challenge. Errors are a part of baseball, and when I set those at around 25 (throwing accuracy) and 75 (fielding) it was still WAY too easy. So I can't easily pre-load a throw because I have made actually catching and fielding the ball more difficult.

Again, another variable that comes into play when creating sliders...
Old 04-14-2011, 12:07 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 6

I agree. Lots of variables at play. To each his own.
NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 04-14-2011, 12:43 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

I find that out and infielder speed and throw both at 0 with base runner speed set to 35 also accuracy at 70 works out pretty well. The cpu can get triples i have also had them do 1 inside the park homerun on me. my fault i kinda screwed up on the play
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2011, 08:27 PM   #16
MVP

therizing02's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
There's no "one size fits all" approach on this. Something that must also be accounted for is the other sliders. I have my personal sliders set where CPU batting power is at 90. They hit the ball HARD, and I have to speed up my outfielders to compensate for this.

When I lowered the cpu batting power I NEVER felt threatened by the cpu offensively.

My point is this: this thread brings up a number of great thoughts, but other sliders bring other variables into play. The higher the power, the more balls are hit down the line and in the gaps. If you slow your outfielders down it will be a doubles and triples parade all game...not real and no fun.

Also, I have my personal fielding sliders set where fielding is a challenge. Errors are a part of baseball, and when I set those at around 25 (throwing accuracy) and 75 (fielding) it was still WAY too easy. So I can't easily pre-load a throw because I have made actually catching and fielding the ball more difficult.

Again, another variable that comes into play when creating sliders...
Spot on MK. When you change one slider you almost always have to change another. The best for me is INF/OF Speed at 40, INF/OF Throw Speed 60, and CPU Power 70 or 75.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders »