Home

hetfield426's MLB 2K12 Sliders ("50" Theory)

This is a discussion on hetfield426's MLB 2K12 Sliders ("50" Theory) within the MLB 2K Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: hetfield426's MLB 2K12 Sliders ("50" Theory)

I think this topic deserves more attention, there are some interesting theories and findings that improve the gameplay.

I am trying to mix some ideas of this set that I like (Pitch Success, Strike Zone Tendency, Baserunner speed, Outfield and Infield Throw Speed) with some other findings, and so far the first results have been extremely encouraging...
Old 03-27-2012, 08:08 PM   #10
Rookie

hetfield426's Arena

OVR: 3

Haha realize that this was done on one do-or-die simulation franchise of one season. I definitely disagree with that one, especially with all the rising talent from the Indians (wink) and the Royals.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #11
Rookie

hetfield426's Arena

Thank you again for your support, Beetlebum! And this thread I believe is only not getting as much attention due to so many others (including yourself) jumping on it sooner. All your view counts are higher and when someone comes to this forum, they're not gonna look at any sub-1,000 view threads but it'll get there! Let me know what some of your findings are and I'll see if I can integrate them into my set for improved gameplay!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #12
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I like what your sliders look like, I haven't played enough games yet to see what else I think needs adjusting from AS default - besides base running, which I have raised to 50.

I'm thinking OF and IF speed down a notch to 15 like you have though as I think the SS dives too much and gets to at least one ball that way per game as well as the 3B catching a bit too many line drives and balls down the line. Also, I saw an OF jump up to catch a smash in the gap, probably should have gotten down - but I need to check his ratings in RF and his speed (since most players have a 100 rating for their primary position).

I'm definitely going to try some of these settings after my series with the Cubs though, so let me know if you change anything. I think default pitch speed for the CPU feels just about right for my skill level at the moment, I usually strikeout 5-8 times per game.

Take care..
Old 03-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #13
Rookie

hetfield426's Arena

Thanks for your feedback! And it's possible that I will lower the fielder speeds, like you suggested. And the pitch speed thing is not a mandatory setting, since it doesn't play as much of a role in the outcome of the game.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #14
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hetfield426
Thanks for your feedback! And it's possible that I will lower the fielder speeds, like you suggested. And the pitch speed thing is not a mandatory setting, since it doesn't play as much of a role in the outcome of the game.
I haven't lowered them yet.. did lower CPU IF and OF arm to equal the human (50)
Old 03-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #15
Rookie

hetfield426's Arena

Sorry, but the IF and OF arms speeds are already equal for CPU and USER...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2012, 02:28 AM   #16
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hetfield426
Sorry, but the IF and OF arms speeds are already equal for CPU and USER...
haha.. I see that in yours, I haven't changed them from AS defaults until now. I have them both at 50.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders »