Home

BIGFNJOE96 MLB 2K13 Total Control/Inside Edge Sliders

This is a discussion on BIGFNJOE96 MLB 2K13 Total Control/Inside Edge Sliders within the MLB 2K Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-15-2013, 02:29 AM   #33
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: BIGFNJOE96 MLB 2K13 Total Control/Inside Edge Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Oread
Do you have the USER and CPU setting for Catcher Arm Strength flipped?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
I'd bet he does
I noticed that also!
Old 03-15-2013, 02:48 AM   #34
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I think these will work pretty well, but are the catcher throw powers flip-flopped on the OP? I think the 40 should go with the user C, and 60 with the CPU catcher (on the OP). Could be my eyes starting to go also!

I've been able to test 3-4 more games today and I'm really honing in on my ideal sliders. You KNOW you have a good set when you can 1-hit the CPU (no hit them thru 6.1 IP) one game and then get blasted for 13 runs and 19 hits the very next game with the exact same settings! (ouch!) That kind of variety is the best, when the player ratings really help cause different outcomes. It matters a LOT for starting pitchers I've noticed, just like IRL.

Actually, I think my ideal sliders will be very close to your set posted here, which I take as something of a confirmation of a decent set -- and I like the settings as sim as possible too since I'm a big stat-head. Other than a difference of 5 here or there, the only significant differences I am seeing for my games is:

* I like the contact slider a bit higher and the power a bit lower contact/power 40/80 for me and 50/80 for CPU. Although I need to give these another 5-10 games to be sure (I have hit 2 HR, 1 inside the park, a triple, and a boatload of doubles with power 70-80 for me).

*The default pitch break is a bit too whiffle-ball-like for my tastes, so I've got pitch break down to 35 for both. The pitches still break pretty well, just not like a foot and a half.

*I have IF/OF throw power both at 50, and IF/OF run speed at 0/20. I've seen some really cool realistic stuff like a grounder getting by Ryan Howard down the 1B line easily, but I also see a fair share of diving stops by solid middle infielders. I think IF speed = 0 really makes the speed/range attributes pop in this game, just like for 2k12. I also saw Delmon Young, who is an awful defender, get beat badly on a ball in the gap for a triple that an average OF limits to a 2B. I'm liking that A LOT! Bad OFers can be taken advantage of!

*I am still fine-tuning the catcher/baserunner part as I haven't really seen enough attempts yet. But I did realize that a full lead is actually 4 taps of the LT/LB instead of 3! No wonder I was thinking of bumping the CPU throw power down! I wasn't maxing out my leadoff. But, with this new knowledge I think user C power = 35 and CPU catcher power = 45 or 50 is where it'll end up for me. I kind of like the idea that with a poor C, I feel a bit helpless trying to throw out baserunners. And with Jason Castro, the baserunners should feel that way!

Not to try to hijack your thread or anything with new settings, I just wanted to throw some of this out there as food for thought and see if any of it sticks for anyone--didn't want to start my own slider thread because it's pretty similar to your settings!

Otherwise I am using almost the EXACT same settings as your sliders! Great minds!

Who ever said 2k baseball can't play like a sim? And OS gave this game a 4? psssshhhttt, the most fun "4" I've ever played!
Well written.. keep them coming.. I think you and bigfnjoe96 can come up with a great set of sliders, so don't be afraid to compare.

With sliders, this game can be fun, just like last year's game.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:35 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
I missed read WTNY 1st post about Catcher Throw Speeds. You guys are correct.

I will switch them around when I get home from work.

User Catcher Throw Speed should be 40 & CPU Throw Speed should be 60.

WTNY, Are you seeing IF Players react to ground balls with Speed @ 0? The only reason I'm hesitant to go 0 is the fielder doesn't move on 1st contact (meaning the CPU doesn't make that 1st move towards the ball for you until you take over the fielder & continue controlling him)

BTW, WTNY, your not hijacking the thread. I totally welcome your feedback & look forward to more of it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by bigfnjoe96; 03-15-2013 at 06:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2013, 06:48 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 10

I'm having pretty good games so far using this base,what I'm trying out now is lowering user power to 75 and having the CPU batting and power at 60 and 85. So far it feels pretty solid.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
*The default pitch break is a bit too whiffle-ball-like for my tastes, so I've got pitch break down to 35 for both. The pitches still break pretty well, just not like a foot and a half.
I agree with this. I dropped my pitch break quite a bit last night after I struck out 9 in seven innings with Jake Westbrook. He's not a strikeout pitcher, but relies on his sinker and breaking balls. His fastball is like his change-up. But those breaks really contribute to the whiffs the CPU sees. So Westbrook gets more K's for me than Wainright.

I dropped the Break Influence, and the results were good. If this is done, then it we should also look at Contact settings, as I was bumping them to get more Contact. But the lower pitch break may swing the K advantage back to power pitchers, and the AI Contact won't have to be as high.

I'm still messing around with these settings. But I think as a base, these are really, really good.

I picked up a nice 8-2 win over Atlanta last night. I na 3-run 5th, I hit back to back HR's with Molina and Freese. But here's the catch, I only used the power swing once, and t hat was a ground ball rocket up the middle by Beltran for a single. Molina hammered a pitch that might have been just above the zone over the CF wall. Freese hit an opposite field shot, but I had moved the LS over to with the pitch, and it looked similar to the ball he hit off the wall in the World Series a couple of years ago.

My only other HR of the game was a nice solid shot over the RF wall by lefty Jon Jay late in the game. What I saw was just great variation in hits, and not too much domination. I really like where these sliders are set for USER offense. And the catcher settings seem good. I had Furcal nailed, but picked up a stolen base by Jon Jay by a hair.

Good stuff overall.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #38
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Talking Re: BIGFNJOE96 MLB 2K13 Total Control/Inside Edge Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
I missed read WTNY 1st post about Catcher Throw Speeds. You guys are correct.

I will switch them around when I get home from work.

User Catcher Throw Speed should be 40 & CPU Throw Speed should be 60.

WTNY, Are you seeing IF Players react to ground balls with Speed @ 0? The only reason I'm hesitant to go 0 is the fielder doesn't move on 1st contact (meaning the CPU doesn't make that 1st move towards the ball for you until you take over the fielder & continue controlling him)

BTW, WTNY, your not hijacking the thread. I totally welcome your feedback & look forward to more of it

I am seeing very nice reactions on grounders with IF speed = 0. I have a pretty good 2B/SS combo with Jose Altuve and Brendan Ryan and even with a setting at zero they get to quite a bit. In fact, the only plays they don't make are on grounders directly up the middle, or smashes just to the left/right of 2nd base like IRL. Even with IF set to 0, I have been seeing diving stops with my SS ranging to his right and even have enough time to throw slow-avg baserunners out on diving plays.

The reason I went down from 5 was because I was seeing guys like Jeter and other limited shortstops making WAYYY too many Rey Ordonez-like plays. But, it could be dependent on the ratings too. I haven't played with any middle infielders with speed/range rated under 80 yet. So, the reaction time could be a problem for more sluggish fielders at IF speed = 0 (like I mentioned with Ryan Howard at 1st in an earlier post). But, regardless of who I've played so far, I am not feeling as though I'm getting cheap singles to sneak through the IF that should've been stopped.

I think this game already plays amazing though considering it got a "4."
Old 03-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
If we test 0 IF Speed, then we will need to lower the Power Sliders, because my test showed that IF we're not able to get to reachable balls with Power @ 100

What do people think?

I agree OF Throw Speeds need to be higher. Default 50 for both feel good.
PBI is a slider I've always struggled with. I will test 35 for both & see how that feels

Old 03-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #40
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I noticed that also!
Post your full set in your own thread and then we can see what the differences are. I like looking at all the different sets and tweak mine with ideas from different sets.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders »