Home

Why is this game getting so much negative feedback?

This is a discussion on Why is this game getting so much negative feedback? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2007, 11:46 PM   #1
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

OVR: 9
Why is this game getting so much negative feedback?

From the reviews mentioned in various websites and gaming magazines, I noticed that this game got subpar reviews. I've also seen a lot of complaints on gaming forums as well. Is this game really that bad?

From reading posts on this message forum for the last hour or so, it seems like this game is a chore to play. Actually, it seems almost unplayable without any slider adjustments. How can a game like this be great?

Anyhow, I just bought the game, but I might return it because it seems like I have to put too much work into it in order to get the game to play somewhat realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2007, 11:52 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Why is this game getting so much negative feedback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4ever
From the reviews mentioned in various websites and gaming magazines, I noticed that this game got subpar reviews. I've also seen a lot of complaints on gaming forums as well. Is this game really that bad?

From reading posts on this message forum for the last hour or so, it seems like this game is a chore to play. Actually, it seems almost unplayable without any slider adjustments. How can a game like this be great?

Anyhow, I just bought the game, but I might return it because it seems like I have to put too much work into it in order to get the game to play somewhat realistic.
I don't know, but its a good game. There is still room for improvement (managerial intelligence), but the sliders work and there are not real game killing flaws (I don't care about Franchise).
Old 03-21-2007, 12:44 AM   #3

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:

Because, in all honesty, the most vocal ones are the ones that hate the game for one reason or another. Normally the ones that love the game are off playing it and have no reason to come on here and sing its praises, unlike the certain individuals that seem to come here only to complain about this game nonstop.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:00 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:

It is definitely unplayable without massive slider tweaks, and IMO next to unplayable without massive ratings edits. Me, I enjoy tweaking sliders and editing ratings, but I can see how the average gamer would be turned off by that. And really, there's no excuse for it. The game should at least be playable right out of the box, but it isn't anywhere close to that. That to me shows a degree of laziness on the part of the game developers, and really is unexceptable. When people have to lower power sliders and throwing sliders down to 0 just to get the game to play semi-realistically, there's something wrong.

Last edited by baa7; 03-21-2007 at 05:31 AM.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:27 AM   #5
D*lph*ns m*k* m* cry

OVR: 13

You are always going to hear the negative post by the same people for a while. I think the game is good and going in the right direction. It has issues, but most do. I know I will be playing it for a while and enjoying it.

People who are enjoying it usually don't post after the first week or so.What's left to say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2007, 07:39 AM   #6
Don Mattingly is God

bellz666's Arena

OVR: 13

Im enjoying the game quite a bit, I play it as much as I can. It does, however, need major slider changes. I use Heelfan's sliders in the sliders section, and have even had to make my own changes to those to keep the games realistic. If I had any complaint about the game it's that I would score a massive percentage of my runs on HR's. I turned the power down to 5 and have scored 12 runs in three games with 2 HR's. Much better.

XBox Live GT: cRPGeezus

Playstation Network: IrreverentGamer

My Twitch Channel: cRPGeezus (Click me!)
Old 03-21-2007, 07:43 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Was there ever any game for pc or console that was playable out of the box? I was just wondering. I know all of the baseball games have had to be tweaked to try and get to reality even, High Heat which was reportedly the best for realism. I played HH PC and MVP pc and both had a tune file to fix it to how each of want to play it. The console world has no access to these tune files. Once the console becomes where it is heading, a pc, file access may be available. Until then, the console will be built for the less experienced gamer and the range of tweaking limited for sliders. Maybe Ben Brinkman will get it there. Having gone from MVP pc to 2k7, and as Baa said, with some roster tweaks for power the 2k game is very enjoyable. I am expecting drastic upgrades over the next two years though.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:48 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 6

This game is not nearly as unplayable as The Show...

The Show has the reputation from last year making up for the disaster this year. I know that I returned the Show. No regrets.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »