Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-04-2008, 01:04 PM   #625
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

i'm in 1080i right now and its definitely something i noticed right away...its pretty bad...i was thinking of getting a ps3 and the show before but decided to give it a try...seriously considering bringing it back and going with my plan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 01:07 PM   #626
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by supervelous
JSKYWALKER1, Ive seen you on The Show boards. Had the Show 08 since Saturday, and lovin it.

seeing as how you also have the Show (or at least played demo) I would love to see some impressions from you, stating the system you picked it up for (I have both PS3 and 360) and a comparison between the 2 games. Setup (what type of TV & res) would also be nice seeing as how some seem to be having framerate problems on certain setups.

I really hope this game turns out good as I am looking for a reason to buy it. Can never have too many good baseball games!
I can't comment on the MLB2K8 PS3 because I do not have it but will be going soon to get it, as for the Show it's WONDERFUL IMO!!!! I play it on a 50' Plasma tv 720p. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I like MLB2K8 just as much if not more. Heck last years 2K7 I liked so I just can't see this year being all that bad. Plus I don't want to talk about the Show on this board that is designed for 2K8 unless the Mods agree to have a MLB 08 vs MLB2K8. Peace!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 01:07 PM   #627
All Star

OVR: 35

Are framerate issues something that could be fixed in a patch or is it something that is too "big" of a problem?
I was going to buy this today, but now I'm having doubts...wonder if anyone updated High Heat 2004 rosters for 2008?
Old 03-04-2008, 01:07 PM   #628
Pro

FedEx227's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm a bit scared to be honest. I heard gameplay outside of the framerate problems is fantastic, so that's a plus considering they can always patch.

But I'm still a bit scared, I had pretty high hopes for this one.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:09 PM   #629
Rookie

OVR: 3

yep im scared too :S
Old 03-04-2008, 01:10 PM   #630
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
i can definatly confirm that there is alot of choppiness. my reccomendation for anyone thinking about getting this game is to wait for more impressions. graphics are major downgrade they cut content such as some uniforms,etc and its very laggy/ i thought it was freezing a few times but it never did. again, these are my initial impressions maybe 1-2 hours with the game. im not telling anyone to not buy it the game sucks, im telling you that if 60 bucks is alot of money for you or hard to come by, wait till tomorrow or thursday when this board can get alot more solid impressions.

Nope sorry, I dont need to wait til Thursday. I'm not wasting my money AGAIN on 2k's crap.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:11 PM   #631
Rookie

OVR: 2

when its not choppy the gameplay is very fun from what i've played so far..pitching is challenging, and the fielding/throwing is really fun...also the sig celebrations i've seen so far have been pretty sweet...manny's most noticeably

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedEx227
I'm a bit scared to be honest. I heard gameplay outside of the framerate problems is fantastic, so that's a plus considering they can always patch.

But I'm still a bit scared, I had pretty high hopes for this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 01:11 PM   #632
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
I can't comment on the MLB2K8 PS3 because I do not have it but will be going soon to get it, as for the Show it's WONDERFUL IMO!!!! I play it on a 50' Plasma tv 720p. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I like MLB2K8 just as much if not more. Heck last years 2K7 I liked so I just can't see this year being all that bad. Plus I don't want to talk about the Show on this board that is designed for 2K8 unless the Mods agree to have a MLB 08 vs MLB2K8. Peace!!!
Thanks! There really should be maybe a board set up for comparisons between games of the same sport. What stinks is there are a lot of fanboys out there who will mistreat it and use it to bash the other side (and thus rationalize their purchase).

They ruin it for people like me who have no bias. I have PS3 and 360, had 2K7 and The Show 07 and liked both, have the Show 08 and would like to get MLB 2K8 unless it stinks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »