Home

GETTING FREE AGENCY TO WORK

This is a discussion on GETTING FREE AGENCY TO WORK within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-12-2009, 09:48 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: GETTING FREE AGENCY TO WORK

^^ Weird. With all my teams they are still showing just being over the budget by a semi-small margin when I start my franchise. Definitely haven't noticed the problem where they are actually getting more budget after editing the contracts beforehand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2009, 11:14 PM   #26
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios12787
^^ Weird. With all my teams they are still showing just being over the budget by a semi-small margin when I start my franchise. Definitely haven't noticed the problem where they are actually getting more budget after editing the contracts beforehand.
You only edited like 15 contracts for each team, correct? That might have something to do with it. Both teams probably would have been in the red after editing all of them like I did, so that could be why it gave them money.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Old 07-14-2009, 11:54 AM   #27
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan203
DO NOT EDIT THE CONTRACTS BEFORE STARTING YOUR FRANCHISE.

Sorry, had to get that out there. I just tested this out, and if you edit all the contracts beforehand it will actually make things a lot worse. I edited EVERY player's contracts for the Angels and Astros in the roster management section, then started a franchise to see what happened.

By doing this I expected to see both teams either be in the red, or have very little money available. What actually happened was that both teams wound up with MORE money available. How can this happen, you ask? The game automatically took the amount of money that I thought I took away from them, and ADDED it to the teams budget so that they wind up with the same amount available at the start of the season.

So in short, if you want to edit the contracts, wait until after you start your franchise. I'm not sure if the same thing happens after editing in franchise or not, someone should check and see if the teams budget rises after the first year.
Yea...everything I did from the 1st page was done after yr 1 in my 'chise.

I'm still in the middle of season two w/ like a week and half till July. Before the season is over I'll need to edit the remaining 15 teams or so, but having ran some tests after editing 12 or 13 teams I was pleased to see some premium free agents hit the market.

Webb, Fuentes, and Manny being the headliners - and really the only ones rated over like an 85.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:26 PM   #28
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

Ive done 23 teams, and I just have a question. Some teams I have edited contracts for still have $10-$12 million in budget to spend. Very few teams have under $5 million, and only one (The Dodgers) are in the red. Am I doing something wrong? Ive been using the ESPN site to see what the players are making annually, and have given every single player at the MLB level at least 400k.

I did simulate just to see what FA players I would get with 23 teams done, and I saw Jim Thome, Manny, Griffey Jr... essentially a bunch of real old players. The best available pitcher was still Pedro.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:45 AM   #29
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebird99
Ive done 23 teams, and I just have a question. Some teams I have edited contracts for still have $10-$12 million in budget to spend. Very few teams have under $5 million, and only one (The Dodgers) are in the red. Am I doing something wrong? Ive been using the ESPN site to see what the players are making annually, and have given every single player at the MLB level at least 400k.

I did simulate just to see what FA players I would get with 23 teams done, and I saw Jim Thome, Manny, Griffey Jr... essentially a bunch of real old players. The best available pitcher was still Pedro.
So for the Yankees you have these players salaries at the listed amounts?

- A-Rod $33,000,000
- Tex $20,625,000
- Jeter $31,600,000
- Damon $13,000,000
- Nady $6,500,000
-Swisher $5,400,000
- Posada $13,000,000
- Molina $2,125,000
- Rivera $15,000,000
- Pettite $5,000,000
- Burnett $16,500,000
- Sabathia $15,285,714

I mean that should put the Yankees almost into the red and that's just 12 off the 25-man roster.

For example: CC's salary in the game/contract screen should read $15.28.

I don't see how you guys are not getting the same results.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:28 AM   #30
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

Oh no, the Yankees I think are one of those "under 5 mil left" teams, haha. In my franchise mode, alot of teams have a lot of minor league guys called up, which is weird but I dont really care. I think it has to do with me starting with updated rosters and not just the default ones, haha.

Your method definitely works JBH. I got guys like Thome and Griffey Jr. as FA now, instead of just Josh Willingham.

Its not really as bad as I made it sound in my orginal post btw. I did edit the Red Sox contracts though and they still had $15 million left to spend. I'm really not sure, ill continue to work this out. Thanks once again JBH.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:31 PM   #31
Rookie

cmcghs's Arena

OVR: 6

the only problem i see with this is that the site you have posted shows a players 2009 salary. in the game you are allowed to enter the number of years and their yearly salary. the problem with this is that their 2009 salary might not be the same as the amount that they earn over each year of their contract so you might be entering a number way too high or way too low. for example say manny was signed this past offseason to a 2-year deal in which he earns a total of 5 million over those 2 years. he may earn 3 million the first year and 2 million the second year to equal that 5 million. since he earns 3 million in 2009 (in the example of course) the website will say his salary for 2009 is 3 million. if you enter his contract in the game as 2 years for 3 million that of course equals 6 million which is one million over what he earns in the real life example. so instead of entering the contract as 2 years for 3 million you should enter it as 2 years for 2.5 million which would equal the 5 million he was scheduled to earn over the 2 years

i know thats kinda complicated and i hope it helps

Last edited by cmcghs; 07-27-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 03:33 PM   #32
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

^ Yea...I'm fully aware of this, and this is the way editing a contract was done in NBA2K games.

I like it better in the MLB version because it's less detailed...reason being I don't want to have to enter in lines upon lines of salaries. I'd rather just play the game, and not waste my time...maybe that's just the young father in me who's time on the 360 is precious.

Bottom line is...I just need a salary figure more along the lines of a REAL player's salary. The salaries in the game are WAAAAAY understated, and so then it still leaves a huge budget available...thus allowing a team to re-sign EVERY FA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »