Home

i think 2k baseball is gonna be a pretty good game this year

This is a discussion on i think 2k baseball is gonna be a pretty good game this year within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #97
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: i think 2k baseball is gonna be a pretty good game this year

One short month and two weeks until the game ships. Minus the weeks they will need to submit for MS/Sony certification and testing. Minus the time they will need to press and package the game.

At best the game has three weeks of development time left. The only thing we have seen is the same as last year - no in game footage / screens...just pro players doing stupid promos.

I am sure most developers have had budget cuts over the last year as well so that means less people trying to do the work.

Who thinks this game can't be worse than 2009? I predict MLB 2K10 will hit a historic low - Triple Play 'the later years' type of low. I think this really maybe the last year for 2K to make a 'sim' style baseball game. The deal is up in 2012 so I wouldn't put it past them to drop MLB from the line up in the last year of the contract and just put out The Biggs in 2011. EA did it with NASCARs license so it isn't unprecedented.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:59 AM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 7

I didnt buy last years game, first time since the series came out, and I'm wondering what you guys are seeing/reading that suggests this year it will be good? Would love to get psyched again...I have both systems and really liked being able to look forward to and play each game....but I think after the last few years I kinda lost hope. Is the rationale just that it HAS to be better than last years attempt?
Old 01-13-2010, 12:13 PM   #99
MVP

OVR: 13

I received my copy of MLB Power Pros 2008 for the Wii today from Amazon. It does a lot of great things I hope Visual Concepts copies, especially when it comes to the cursor hitting. In 2K9, it offered terrific bat-to-ball physics... but the cursor itself moved slowly and was too prevalent. I transparent, quick moving cursor that "snaps" back to center is ideal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »