Home

Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Art Direction

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Art Direction within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #217
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Art Direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by wryly
Yeah, 2K as a whole is so flawed. Check out these failures they have released over the past few years. Nobody played these games.

Civ IV
Jade Empire
Oblivion
Bioshock
Borderlands
2K Sports and 2K Games = two completely different departments. Kind of like EA Games (which brings out some great games) and EA Sports.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-21-2010, 06:22 PM   #218
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I know everyone is frustrated including me. But lets try to keep the bashing to a minimum, no matter how deserved it is.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:46 PM   #219
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I have come to the conclusion that this is on Ron at 2K. As an example, he posted about the Team Up issue with NBA 2K10 and how some may be having issues. That portion of the game is not working correctly. The thread he started on that topic has about 3 pages now. So, Ron goes on his Twitter and makes a comment in question that states only 20 or so have commented on the issue, as if to say it's not as big of an issue as thought to be. You can't conduct community interaction like this.

He also continues to give information that simply shouldn't be given. Don't throw out dates and ambiguities then retract. Ron continually does this.
I don't know. I do agree about Ron's shortcomings (the guy just flat out doesn't get it), but 2K had problems relating to their consumers long before he got there. I think he's more a product of a flawed system than the reason for it.

As for overextending himself, I agree 100%...he just needs to know what so many others seem to (to the point it's become cliched) "over-promise and under-deliver." Having chatted with him briefly once or twice, I think he's full of good intentions, and probably fed as much bad info as he puts out...lol...but he just hasn't learned to not try and play telephone with this stuff.

That aside, maybe my expectations are simply lower than others at this point, but I'm just not too concerned with any of it. It's January and we've gotten some info and it seems as though there will be more depth in the info we get this year. the first insight was great IMO...I'm willing to be patient for the others if they are as good as the first.

I do understand the frustration of others though.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:08 PM   #220
Rookie

OVR: 5

Its money out the pocket.I'm not sure about everyone else , but I still regret last years purchase.Its like sombody trying to sell you a BMW.You check it out , research it, inspect it , only to find that it has a Datsun engin.I want the product to exceed expectations.I also don't want to be lied to either.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:29 PM   #221
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
2K Sports and 2K Games = two completely different departments. Kind of like EA Games (which brings out some great games) and EA Sports.
Its the exact same just about. I talk to "others" at 2K and talk about other games as well. 2K marin and Visual Concepts are in the same building as 2K coorperate in Navato. They all work in the same building. One is sports and the other is games, but its the same company. I think Take Two is in New York though with various studio's around the world. 2K Boston which just went back to Irrational Games, 2K australia and you got 2K China, Gear Box and Blue Castle. Its all over. lol They have something in Europe too, but i dont know what its called.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2010, 09:32 PM   #222
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
Its the exact same just about. I talk to "others" at 2K and talk about other games as well. 2K marin and Visual Concepts are in the same building as 2K coorperate in Navato. They all work in the same building. One is sports and the other is games, but its the same company. I think Take Two is in New York though with various studio's around the world. 2K Boston which just went back to Irrational Games, 2K australia and you got 2K China, Gear Box and Blue Castle. Its all over. lol They have something in Europe too, but i dont know what its called.
Do You know anything about the new insight?
Old 01-22-2010, 12:15 AM   #223
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
Do You know anything about the new insight?
All i know is that ron told me that MLB hasnt gotten back to him and he had meetings so it more then likely wasnt going to be today. He's kind of upset about it. lol To bad i cant show you my aim history of our conversations. haha
Old 01-22-2010, 12:40 AM   #224
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
All i know is that ron told me that MLB hasnt gotten back to him and he had meetings so it more then likely wasnt going to be today. He's kind of upset about it. lol To bad i cant show you my aim history of our conversations. haha
Tell Ron to try this method: release something without an announcement. And I don't mean for this insight or other insights, I just mean for preview events, gameplay videos released by 2K, etc. See what it's like to catch us off-guard and surprise, and see how we react to it. Ask him to try this strategy and see if it pays off more than it doesn't. At least this way, you will always exceed expectations.

Oh, and this approval thing is scaring me for the 2K10 demo. I know of 2K's history getting their demos out late because of the approval process, and hell I remember 2K4 being delayed until April for Xbox and May for PS2 because of approval issues. I just hope that this doesn't affect anything for the demo, and that we get it out whenever it's planned, or at least before March 2nd.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »