Home

Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Pitchers vs. Hitters Part I & II

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Pitchers vs. Hitters Part I & II within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2010, 05:45 PM   #57
LOB

Coug00's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Insight/Game Trailer Expected Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I certainly hope so. I can give numerous reasons why having this pause would be a bad idea.
Agreed. I can't imagine trying to nail down the timing on the harder levels. Especially when it sounds like our margin for error on timing is significantly lessened this year.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #58
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Pitchers vs. Hitters Part I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo

Not sure what games he has played in the past, but could this statement be more wrong?
Ha, yeah, I was just thinking this...I hope this doesn't mean that it's going to be too easy to pick out pitch types and location.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:55 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by drterb

My guess would be that they leave all the pitches up after you select the pitch you want.

So far so good on these insights. They are all outstanding in theory. Will VC be able to put these theories into practice?

March 2nd can't come soon enough!!
yes, that would be better than taking them off the screen.

that still won't help keeping the guy you're playing against from being able to tell whether you're throwing a fastball or a breaking ball. The gestures are so different from each other, I can always tell when a fastball is coming just from the sound the controller makes.

another noted change - they've made the ball icon much smaller. You can actually pitch to a pinpoint spot now, instead of the grapefruit selector they had last year.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:04 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Insight/Game Trailer Expected Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Oh haha, guess I only read the bold.
Blzer, you should be proud of yourself, I'm sure they (2K) watched your videos when deciding how to implement check swing. From part 2 of the insight, reading between the lines (e.g "you will rarely find yourself in a situation where you are trying to check swing"), it's safe to say they had decided to neglect check swing at all, only to bring it back (via patch) after our outcry.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:11 PM   #61
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Pitchers vs. Hitters Part I

If they fixed the problem where the AI swings at EVERTHING then it might finally be a good game this year.

PS5/PSN: myghty
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2010, 06:19 PM   #62
Rookie

tmac55's Arena

OVR: 6

Everything looks really good. Very happy to see a check swing patch and 2K could have something good on their hands here. Please deliver us something good now.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:29 PM   #63
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

From the Insight:

Quote:
Prior to playing Major League Baseball® 2K10, I had to decide before the pitch was even thrown as to whether or not I was going to swing. Forget knowing if it was a ball or strike…that had been impossible in baseball games before 2K10.
Sorry, but this is a crock.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:54 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 10

I notcied somethig on Jose Guillen's Inside Edge Report: he has Cs and Ds in every batting category, yet his overall rating is a B. Is that an overall batting grade? If so, that's a big problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »