Home

MLB 2K11 Video: Philadelphia Phillies vs. Colorado Rockies

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Video: Philadelphia Phillies vs. Colorado Rockies within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2011, 06:56 PM   #81
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 2K11 Video: Philadelphia Phillies vs. Colorado Rockies

Well...

It's a half-inning of baseball, so I'm not going to harp on not being able to see all the changes...If I did see them all in such a short time, I'd be inclined to think they edited it, making it a fraud. It's kind of a no win.

That said, I was underwhelmed and feel they certainly could have picked a better situation to highlight changes. I really hope they show some more videos soon or we get the demo soon, because I want to see if the improvements trump the lingering visual issues the game still seems to have. I couldn't see a player model difference (no biggie, but they said they were new), faces still seemed as hit or miss as ever, and the robotic base movements were still there which is disappointing.

The good I saw was that despite the lingering issues I mentioned, the overall look was smoother. It seems to have caught some flak, but I like the camera following the ball for the batter and thought the HR shot looked excellent. It was kind of a nice mix of broadcast and semi-first person, which I thought was really cool.

Anyway, more videos from different situations please. Let us see a focus on fielding at least, since improvement should jump out a bit more, I would hope. Not down on the game, just not feeling the video choice is all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2011, 06:56 PM   #82
Rookie

blkprince04's Arena

OVR: 6

i will pass judgement until i see more videos and play the demo for myself , who knows with a little tweaking how the game will play, we shall see in time...but for now the game looks and sounds good to me although i didn't play 2k10..... besides i don't expect to much out of a half inning lol lol.............

Last edited by blkprince04; 02-22-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:01 PM   #83
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Ronnie2k said a defense video will be released as well and there is a different fielding cam. I really hope the demo is out next week.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:07 PM   #84
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

It looks a lot like 2k10, but that doesn't bother me one bit really. I had a blast with it, I don't really need a big graphics update each game or anything and it doesn't look great or anything but personally I'm fine with how it looks.

Not sure how I feel about the hitting camera, I'll have to try it out myself to see if I like it or not. Hopefully we are given another camera option just in case people do not like it.

I hope we can turn off the slow mo homerun thing for no doubters or clutch homeruns or whatever it's for. I just don't like it.

Love love love that they improved Troy Tulowitzki's stance. There's not really any stance in the game previously that was close to his, but now they vastly improved it. Glad to see that, I am big on stances. Hope they added many more too.

I'm waiting for the demo, I mean it's a half inning, and that's not nearly enough to see if they fixed the problems I had with last years game. No video is, because I have to play the game to see a lot of stuff that was wrong. I was not disappointed with the video, it didn't wow me, but I don't need it to.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:11 PM   #85
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

How in the world do you hit a Grand Slam in the 8th of the NLCS & the cut-scene they chose to use is a shot of Ryan Madison looking like he needs to pass gas....

The shot should be of Home Plate as players celebrate what just happen... C'mon 2K you guys can do better than that.

It looks like they haven't slowed the animations down, once again causing them to look out of place.

The RTP still looks out of place. I'm very disappointed with this video....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2011, 07:23 PM   #86
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
We already know that's not going to be the fielding view while pitching (remember the unoffical cam video?). They said when batting that there would be a separate camera view after the ball is hit so you can see the baserunners a little better....or something along those lines.

I agree though man, it was a weird choice to just show this half inning. They really should've showed a full inning with pitching and fielding. To me, it seems liike Ronnie2K or some other marketing guy made this video instead of the developers, and unfortunately I don't think he knows that much about baseball.....and the fact that he's swinging at almost everything is pretty silly too. I just wish they would've made a better video.

But to me the game itself looks alright. I knew it was going to be a lot like 2K10, but with a lot of problems fixed and some polish, and so far that's what it looks like.
You are reading my mind. Whoever made that video was clueless. It didn't show off what we wanted to see, didn't show off the game in the best light, and the guy batting was an idiot. I would have rather had 10 minutes of boring play through a couple of innings than 10 minutes of a one sided half-inning like we got.

It didn't really make me think any worse of the game, but you could just feel the air coming put of the balloon as it played. That is about as bad of PR as you can get.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:59 PM   #87
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Like the video, but the cpu ai bothers me. Why would you bring in a new pitcher to issue an intentional walk? A real MLB manager would have the pitcher being replaced issue the IBB.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:39 PM   #88
Rookie

krazzed's Arena

OVR: 9

As far as the high pitch that was hit to second, it does happen. Coming from a contact hitter, that has been just that my whole life, it is possible to hit a ball just like that. Though it isn't that common, a short line drive that doesn't quite make it to the infield dirt can happen if you don't make solid contact. So if that happens often it could be a tedious problem within the game, but I would not be upset if it were in there every once in a while.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »