Home

MLB 2K12 Wishlist

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 Wishlist within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2011, 02:37 PM   #1
Rookie

jimmyl008's Arena

OVR: 1
MLB 2K12 Wishlist

I know Visual Concepts devs have their hands full fixing bugs from this year's game, but the development of 2K12 is right around the corner, if not already underway. What features would you like to see implemented or changed in next year's game? This does not include bug or glitch fixes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #2
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: MLB 2K12 Wishlist

Havent got the game yet, but apparently the sponsorships/etc arent in the game for my player. That would be a good inclusion.
Also realistic contracts.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:00 PM   #3
Rookie

dolemint's Arena

OVR: 0

1) Finish the development cycle early. Spend the remaining time in house PLAYING the game and looking for bugs. The game should play well out of the box. Customers shouldn't be the beta testers.

2) Flesh out My Player more. Give the ability to negotiate contracts and make being highly paid a goal. Do you stay loyal to your favorite team or become a free agent for the big $$$? Make performing well in key situations good for prestige. With enough prestige comes endorsements, magazine covers, etc. More popular players can earn more money. Let us give interviews that can increase/decrease popularity. Also look at RTTS and seek out any features that should be incorporated.

3) Dynamic attendance. Your team sucking? Few people show up. They could tie this into ticket prices, concession stand money, and team budgets.

4) More retro uniforms. Also work on making existing ones accurate (Bo Sox showing names, color goofs, etc.)

5) More unlockables. More classic players, teams, ball parks. Where did player cards go? They were hard to get last year because changing sliders shut them off. Now we can change sliders without punishment, but you took 'em away? Maybe strike a deal with Topps, and have different trading cards from a player's career to unlock.

6) Rain. A range of rain, from sprinkles to rain outs, delayed games, muddy fields, etc.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #4
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

1.) Give the graphics some more love (get rid of the jagged shadows, etc). This isn't the most important thing to me, but it is a biggie for a lot of people, and now that the gameplay is pretty solid, it's time to polish up the graphics. EDIT: after playing the PC version, it looks VERY good...a big improvement over the 360 version. It'd be nice if the console versions could be brought up closer to the same level.

2.) Make the My Player mode more flexible in terms of player creation. In real life, all prospects aren't just average Joe's. Some guys are born with God-given talents such as a fast set of wheels or an arm like a cannon, things they don't have to work on because they come naturally. We should have the option to create these types of players. It could be as simple as just giving us more extra skill points to start with so that we can give the player more of the talent-shape we're looking for. As it is now, for instance, a guy can't be a speed demon until a couple years into his career. That just isn't realistic for the guys who were drafted BECAUSE of their speed. Same goes for power hitters, hard throwing pitchers, etc.

3.) Make the My Player mode deeper in general. Give us more options in terms of signing contracts, trades, etc. We need more off the field options. And deeper training options as well. For instance, maybe we could choose to spend extra time in the batting cages, which temporarily boosts our batting skill, but maybe increases fatigue. Little things like that would be very nice.

4.) Add a sign system to My Player. When we're batting, we need to know if a sign is on for a steal so we know to take a pitch. And when on base, we need to be on the same page with the hitter so he knows when we're going to steal. The green light should be earned, not completely up to the individual player.

5.) Manager Mode: this really needs to come back, especially for Franchise (it was great in 2K7-8). I don't like to play every single game in my Franchise, but I don't always want to sim either. Go back and look at what 2K8 had and bring it back. Or better yet, improve it!

6.) Co-op Mode would be pretty nice, but Manager Mode should be more of a priority IMO.

7.) Baserunning animations......'nuff said.

8.) Improve the head tracking. Most of the time (except on no-doubt homers, or sure out pop-ups) it seems that as soon as a batter makes contact, he drops his head and then looks towards first without ever looking at the ball after the hit. In real life, a player checks out where the ball is headed as he runs out of the batters box so that he has an idea of whether not he's going to stop at first or go for an extra base hit. It just looks kind of weird the way it is now, and I hope it's improved next year.

9.) More and better replay camera angles. I love the broadcast presentation, but some of the replay angles are kind of weird. Some of the pitcher replays showing strikouts at the end of the inning are zoomed in too close where it's a bit awkward and hard to focus on the action. And on RBI hits, the view where the runner is rounding third is used WAY TOO MUCH and just looks strange because of the bad running animation. I would like to see multiple angles of the hit instead and more high-fives at the plate.

10.) Better check swings for classic button hitting. These controllers have pressure sensitive buttons, so please make use of that and set it so a light tap results in a check swing. It was like this in older 2K games so I'm not sure why it was ever replaced with a double tap for check swings. It's just a clumsy method.

11.) Dynamic attendance

That's all I have for now.....

Last edited by jeffy777; 03-29-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:55 PM   #5
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

How about one year where the game plays really well out of the box and we don't need to wait a month or more for patches to fix stuff that's totally broken in the on-field game or Franchise mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2011, 11:29 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Being able to control more owner related things.. ticket prices.. promotions.. concessions.. things like this would really spice up the franchise, and tie it all in to what your team spends on salary.. Say your the Reds, not a very high salary. But your bringing in a sellout almost every series... you can spend some more on salary rather than having a "cap" like it does this year
Old 03-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #7
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Is there going to be an "official" wishlist thread? Do the 2K guys even use this forum for that type of feedback?

If so I'll start making note of things.

I'm completely into this game. It's been very good in the single games I have been playing so far.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:43 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

I would like hear the announcers describe what type of pitch I hit for a home run.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »